3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Need opinions!!! CAI problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 10:20 AM
bkjtimp
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need opinions!!! CAI problems

And make sure that the temp sensor is hooked back up on the intake tube. I once forgot to re-attach and it threw the MIL light. Re-attached it, reset computer and was all set...

Old 01-15-2008, 10:44 PM
billcat
Rookie

autozone read code as p0404 meaning egr system fault, causes being 1. failed egr position sensor 2. open of short circuit condition 3. failed egr valve 4. failed egr pressure sensor where applicable 5. failed egr position sensor where applicable. Where is the egr located and is it easy to replace, basically i am just learning all this crap so please enlighten me. thanks

Old 01-15-2008, 10:46 PM
billcat
Rookie

oh i have not tried the whole start and stop three times reset thing yet, but yeah when i was puting the cai/plugs on i disconnected the neg battery cable.

Old 01-16-2008, 10:51 PM
billcat
Rookie

ORIGINAL: superdak05

after you did the upgrades, did you reset the pcm? if not pull the neg. battery cable. then take ignition and turn it all the way and hold it there for 20 sec. this will clear the pcm. reconnect the battery cable and start and stop truck 3 times. on the third time let truck run for a while to learn the new air paramiters. this may be the cause of the problem.
OK I just finished this way of resetting pcm, hopefully this will fix the problem. I talked to my mechanic and he said that the code he read was the po404 egr but that he checked it and it was working fine. who the hell knows, hopefully this will fix things but if not, i am learning alot about dakotas at least there is a positive. thanks guys

Old 01-17-2008, 08:47 PM
billcat
Rookie

reset pcm last night, light came back on this evening. who knows, i am taking it back to mechanic. thanks for all the advice

Quick Reply: Need opinions!!! CAI problems