3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Update

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 02:50 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Update

So how things are going? Are you kicking some ****?

Old 02-29-2008, 08:42 PM
Racinartist
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha. I wouldn't go THAT far.

Here' where we ended up. Her insurance started off wanting to pay $16,300 and change for my totaled truck before tax was figured in. We just settled a few hours ago for $19,100 and change after they kicked in sales tax. So I got them to come up almost 2 grand from the original figures. When it's all said and done, after the insurance payoff, and the refunded balance of my extended warranty after cancellation, this whole mess cost me around $500 out of pocket. After thinking it was going to cost me 2 or 3 grand, I'm almost "happy" with the result. And I was able to accomplish all this without even uttering the "L" word. After speaking with my attorney though, I still have the option to go after them for time lost, personal injury damages, lawyer fees, etc. if I choose to pursue that route. At this point, unless they decide to try to screw me around on paying my finance co. I doubt I'll decide to go after them.

On a side note, I picked up my new baby tonight. There were major end of the month rebates and finance specials that ended today so I jumped at the chance to save a few grand. I don't have pics yet, but will post when I get some. One somewhat positive result to come out of all this is that, even though I really reallyyyyyyy want my '05 6 speed back, I'm bought an '08 truck tonight with no miles on it for $3 less a month than what I was paying before on the '05. I'm just looking at 2 1/2 years more of payments now than I would have had if my '05 was still on the road and I was paying off the term of original loan. And I bought another service contract with this one. It's better than the last warranty I had, and I'm still under my old payment amount.

Thanks for all your support in this bs the last 2 weeks you vultures...uhh, I mean guys.[8D] Seriously though, the advice, sympathy, and various stories of similar situations the other members have been in actually helped out.

I'll probably be making a decision on what I'm selling and posting the parts within the next week or two, so...the fire sale will be on. Haha

Thanks again.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:09 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

So, did you get the $19100, then they paid for the sales tax on the new truck? Because thats how it works here in Ohio and it does not really sound like thats what went down...

Old 03-01-2008, 07:05 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you were able to get a decent price out of them. You'll have to put up pics of the new 08 soon, what are the options on it?

(Ok vulture time, lol) Is that black grill you mentioned factory painted? And if so how much would you want for it?

Old 03-01-2008, 07:37 PM
Racinartist
All Star

No sir, it was painted by my body shop and it's whatever black to match the factory color of what my truck is (...was). It has billet inserts and looks pretty sweet. If it's sold complete, which is how I'd like to sell it rather than taking the billet out, I'd like to get $145 + shipping. I've got over $220 in it and it was only on the truck since fall (like 6 months). I've also got 2 brand new Nightrunner headlights from that group buy we did. They were $170 so I can't let them go for less. Since that included shipping, there won't be a shipping charge. They are brand new wrapped in plastic in the box. They never made it to get installed on the truck. Nor did my bugshield. It's the wrap-around style for the center of the hood above the grille. It's Mopar OEM, dark smoked color, and has the Dodge ram's head logo on the right side and has all hardware. I'll let that go for $75 +shipping. It lists for over $90. If someone bought the grille with billet AND the bugshield together, I'd sell the whole thing for $215 shipped.

A few other parts to follow soon, you vultures.[8D] It's all good stuff, I just need to decide what I'm selling and what I want to keep. I'll get pics of the stuff soon if you guys need to see any of it. Let me know one way or the other. I just need a while to get caught up on work and some other of life's bs after spending the last 2 weeks dealing with insurance, the finance company, and my dealer. I got a little behind on some stuff. Also, I have a Paypal account and would prefer to be paid that way for anything that gets sold. Makes everything safe and simple. Thanks.

Jr. Mechanic, no, the $19,100 was the total paid with the tax. They started out lowballing me at just over $16K trying to say that's all it was worth but ended up paying back just under $18,000 for it before taxes. That was right in line with the prices listed by all of the services. So, all in all, I still lost out in the long run, but at least got what the truck was 'worth' out of the insurance company.

Old 03-02-2008, 05:28 AM
02wrangler
Professional

glad to hear things worked out for you in the end. good luck with the new truck, post some pics of it when you get the chanceso we can see it and let us know how you are liking it

Old 03-02-2008, 09:13 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Glad to hear for the most part things worked out...as far as being a vulture, get caught up and get posting!!!! I am curious what you may have

Quick Reply: Update