3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

amsoil switch questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 02:44 AM
Starlord
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: amsoil switch questions

If you are so adverse to ordering your oil online, why not become a distributor? My lieutenant when I was a deputy sheriff was a distributor, and I have seen at least three distributors working in the arera in which I live. It is a great product, and if I had the money, I would be a distributor also. From what I Understand, they make darn good money.
I had a Honda Gold Wing, and if you are familiar with them, they have a rear end much like a car's differential, rather than a chain or belt. I replaced the gear grease in it with AMSOIL, and was so impressed, I replaced the cranckcase oil with AMSOIL as well. When I did, I had to turn my carbs down, as the engine picked up 750 RPM, which I an only attribute to the smaller amount of friction. Our new (to us) 2006 Dakota may get a total AMSOIL makeover, if I can convince my wife that in the long run, it will actually cost less.

Old 04-06-2008, 08:32 PM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker

Good to hear from another satisfied customer. It only costs $30 to become a dealer with no inventory requirements, No sales requirements, nothing. You dont have to sell at all (although you wont make any money that way lol)

Old 04-06-2008, 11:31 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: MonkeyWrench4000

Im a big synthetic oil extended drain fan. I do mine every 15,000 miles, but with mobil 1 extended performance. The only thing I dont like about amsoil is that I simply cant buy it off the shelf. It will be a cold day in hell before I order my oil online lol. It's great to drain my oil every october (i do just shy of 15k a year). I buy 5 quarts a year, I get the 5 qt. jug at walmart for like $27, and a $3 filter. thats $30 a year.

I'm a happy camper.

I trust it completely, me in laws and my family have done it since the 80's and all our trucks/cars have had long healthy lives. Same thing with my spark plugs, I hear ours are shot at like 36k. I'm going to throw in the autolite long life ones, what are they iridium or platinum? the 100k ones. See how long they can last.

Napa carries Amsoil now, at least in the New England area.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:26 AM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Altair

ORIGINAL: MonkeyWrench4000

Im a big synthetic oil extended drain fan. I do mine every 15,000 miles, but with mobil 1 extended performance. The only thing I dont like about amsoil is that I simply cant buy it off the shelf. It will be a cold day in hell before I order my oil online lol. It's great to drain my oil every october (i do just shy of 15k a year). I buy 5 quarts a year, I get the 5 qt. jug at walmart for like $27, and a $3 filter. thats $30 a year.

I'm a happy camper.

I trust it completely, me in laws and my family have done it since the 80's and all our trucks/cars have had long healthy lives. Same thing with my spark plugs, I hear ours are shot at like 36k. I'm going to throw in the autolite long life ones, what are they iridium or platinum? the 100k ones. See how long they can last.

Napa carries Amsoil now, at least in the New England area.
It depends on if a dealer in the area has signed them up. Most the Napa's around here do too but have to be under different dealers

Old 04-07-2008, 08:22 PM
Dak_in_Black
Veteran

ORIGINAL: SHoffman

Just a few questions:
For those of you who are running all amsoil fluids, how much did it cost/was it worth it?

Umm, yes...don't remember exactly what it cost, but with both truck and car it was close to $400 I think...but that included all fluids for both vehicles, new transmission, oil, and air filters....

I tracked my mileage for several months before and after the change...I gained about 2 mpg after all was said and done...

Next step I think is going to be getting rid of the clutch fan and replace with an e-fan...

Old 04-10-2008, 03:43 PM
SHoffman
Rookie

so, its time for an oil change and I dont have time or money to order all amsoil. i decided to use bg 109 to clean out the system, and then use mobil 1 for now. hopefully ill have more money next time to go with amsoil

Old 04-10-2008, 09:18 PM
LB
Veteran

Order well in advance with the AMSIOL, my order took 2 weeks before they shipped it.

LB

Old 04-11-2008, 04:34 AM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: LB

Order well in advance with the AMSIOL, my order took 2 weeks before they shipped it.

LB
Really? Ive gotten orders to a DF member ups ground in less than a week. I do drop shipments when I need to ship. I place to order at the corporate DC and they ship it out next day as long as its in stock (and with the major facility upgrade just completed I don't see backorder being an issue anymore for a while)

Old 04-11-2008, 07:13 AM
Dak_in_Black
Veteran

ORIGINAL: LB

LB
Wow, what did you order?? A couple of 55 gal drum?

I just ordered some stuff on Tueday(I think)and I everything came in yesterday...

Old 04-11-2008, 03:27 PM
LB
Veteran

6 qts ASL wfilter, 2 Qts ATF,3 Qts 75-140, 2 Qts 75-90, pump.
It came out of Vegas and I live near Salt Lake city. 2 weeks before they shipped it, 4 days to get here once it shipped, and they didnt even send a STICKER!!!??? tight @$$'S.

Looks like I need to get with Turbot next time.I signed up as a preferred customer for 6 months, so I get the same pricing fromyou?

Dak, you did your trans as well? how many qts and how dod you do it?

Thanks,
LB

Quick Reply: amsoil switch questions