3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

So now that Im leaning toward Paxton now...what is the best combo?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 02:08 PM
snipingdude
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default So now that Im leaning toward Paxton now...what is the best combo?

Im pretty much just wondering which is the better combo...

1. The 212x cams($850.00) and the Paxton Supercharger ($5,299)...orrr

2. The 212x cams and the Stroker Kit($2,399) (Not sure which one the 408, 390 or 426)from KRC.

Im pretty much wondering, which one will give me the biggest output of power. Ive been challenged to a 1/4 race at Atco Raceway at Atco, NJ next year, from a 350Z and a Supra..why?? Cause they're my friends and theywanna kill me[]...Ive got a garage finally helping me out too =P...thanks guys.

Also a thanks to Lightningbolt for clearing up what polishing and porting the Heads meant...Thanks!

Old 04-17-2008, 02:33 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: So now that Im leaning toward Paxton now...what is the best combo?

Im pretty much just wondering which is the better combo...

1. The 212x cams($850.00) and the Paxton Supercharger ($5,299)...orrr

2. The 212x cams and the Stroker Kit($2,399) (Not sure which one the 408, 390 or 426)from KRC.

Im pretty much wondering, which one will give me the biggest output of power. Ive been challenged to a 1/4 race at Atco Raceway at Atco, NJ next year, from a 350Z and a Supra..why?? Cause they're my friends and theywanna kill me[]...Ive got a garage finally helping me out too =P...thanks guys.

Also a thanks to Lightningbolt for clearing up what polishing and porting the Heads meant...Thanks!
How about the 212x cams, supercharger and the stroker kit!!! Oh yeah and don't forget the [sm=nxsmile.gif]lol...just playing!I think I would choose number #1 just cause I tend to lean towards the sleeper style setups. The stroker is gonna be more noticeable sound wise then the other set up IMO and withthe super charger, people that dont know the truck are gonna be like[sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=WTFsgign.gif]does that thing got!!! I mean either of the combos are gonna be hard core pullers. Another thing I would look into is whichsetup is gonna be more reliable? I wouldimagine you would still want to continue to be able to drive it everday without bugs.
Oh and your are welcome for the explanation.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:01 PM
snipingdude
All Star

Haha...I would love to have all three. But Eric said that boost + a stroker kit could cause detonation and mess up stuff.

But yes I plan to get N20 also, maybe a NOS or Zex. I just wanna figure out which combo will give me the most power. Supercharger would sound awesome if i revved up and stuff, and the stroker kit sounds like its a fast car with a can in the engine.

Yep they wil be great pullers, Im just hoping to get the setup to get the most push..

And like you said, I do want to know which is more reliable in the long run, I dont want my pistons and stuff liek wearing out from all the boost and stuff...Lol yeah I didnt know what that meant till you told me ha thanks again for your post dude...

Old 04-17-2008, 07:49 PM
Hunterdude
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to play devil's advocate here for a second, is it really worth it to put that much in a 4.7 dakota? I'm guessing you could probably swap out your engine fora hemi or something else with a lot more performance potential for a similar price. You could even buy a second car. You might be able to pick up an older RX7 or a 944 turbo for that kind of money and have a much higher performance vehicle. Even with 400hp a dakota isn't going to be all that fast comparably due to its greater weight, not to mention vastly inferior handling. Just saying, but by all means do what ever will make you happy.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:56 PM
snipingdude
All Star

ORIGINAL: Hunterdude

Just to play devil's advocate here for a second, is it really worth it to put that much in a 4.7 dakota? I'm guessing you could probably swap out your engine fora hemi or something else with a lot more performance potential for a similar price. You could even buy a second car. You might be able to pick up an older RX7 or a 944 turbo for that kind of money and have a much higher performance vehicle. Even with 400hp a dakota isn't going to be all that fast comparably due to its greater weight, not to mention vastly inferior handling. Just saying, but by all means do what ever will make you happy.
Haha no, I know what your saying dude..But I mean I love my truck..its my transformers truck lol..but like what you were saying, getting a new car, yeah. I was thinking about that new 2009 Nissan GTR, possibly an M3 but the GTR is looking killer...nd only for 70 grand WOW..0-60 in 3.3 (C&D)

And to what Eric said, I guess the combo is the 212x cams, plus the Paxton lol...now my last question is would nitrous be good with those two?

Oh man the 2009 Nissan GTR..I love Dodge guys but that car looks awesome...The Dodge VIper SRT-10 Mopar Edition is nice too!! I'd love to have that also.

Well hopefully with the combo I may get, I can keep up with the 350Z and Supra nad not die on the track at Atco next year.....Thanks alot guys!!

Old 04-17-2008, 08:23 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i have a buddy of mine that is running a ford lighting with nos at the track. he uses the nos to get out of the hole until he starts to spool, then he lets the supercharger do the rest. go to www.totalinduction.com and you can see what they mean, also they are running a street legal 8 second buick grand national. these guys are installing my zex kit this weekend

Old 04-18-2008, 08:00 AM
rookie
Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i will be surprised if, after $6k in mods, your truck takes a 350 or a supra.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:06 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm pullin for ya! All the pessimistic people on here talking about getting other cars and what not, what fun is that? No one expects a Dakota to beat a 350 or a supra and that is what's so awesome about it.

Of course though my stock ST will beat anything out there !

Old 04-18-2008, 10:17 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Didnt you know ST means Slow Truck...haha

Quick Reply: So now that Im leaning toward Paxton now...what is the best combo?