3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Truck will look better than ever

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 01:02 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Truck will look better than ever

So I get paid three checks next month because my pay periods just happen to fall that way so I have extra money to spend. I justgot a tail-stripe from klings which is going to be installed Friday morning, May 5th I am getting power locks and keyless entry(maybe with remote start)installed for $300.00 by Ice Truck Works in Waukee, Iowa. Lastly onMay 16th my front and back bumpers will be coming off to get color-matched to the rest of the truck for just under $500. Also I will be switching to Amsoil, so hopefully it will look better and maybe run better than ever. This of course is if everything works out perfectly, I might have to move the paint day back to the end of May if monetary issues present themselves.

Future plans when the money is available are a K&N 63 Series CAI, Factory Cruise Control, Flowmaster or Magnaflow Muffler, removal of exhaust resonators, 6000kMccullogh HIDs, a 180 degree thermostat, and Stage II Jet Chip.

Old 04-24-2008, 01:12 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Truck will look better than ever

That stats a bank breaker! [8D]

Old 04-24-2008, 04:05 PM
cramerica
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love those 3 pay period months...Feb and August for me this year

Old 04-24-2008, 05:14 PM
snipingdude
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Sounds good man. Make sure you post pictures once its all said and done, Especially the stripes!...and youll be able to get a new avatar cause the one you got right now is pretty croppy...get it?? croppy??! ok im not funny, its not even croppy its just resized weird like how i did it 100x's....sorry tsk tsk

Old 04-24-2008, 10:15 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i have a weekly pay check, wether it is 4 weeks a month or 5. but i cant complain about my salary.

Old 04-25-2008, 01:02 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker

Yeah this is going to be an expensive month but I will definitely be a whole lot happier with the truck, being able to unlock doors from afar will be nice. I think I might call up ICE Truck Works and see how much it would cost to make it keyless/remote start and just get everything done in one outing.

Yeah I will definitely post pics as things move along. My avatar is kind of hard to see I think it would be better if the lighting was better or the picture was taken during the day but I just took them quickly one night and thats what I ended up with using my g/f's digital camera.

Old 04-25-2008, 03:47 AM
Altair
Dak attack!

ORIGINAL: Shibby927

Yeah this is going to be an expensive month but I will definitely be a whole lot happier with the truck, being able to unlock doors from afar will be nice. I think I might call up ICE Truck Works and see how much it would cost to make it keyless/remote start and just get everything done in one outing.

Yeah I will definitely post pics as things move along. My avatar is kind of hard to see I think it would be better if the lighting was better or the picture was taken during the day but I just took them quickly one night and thats what I ended up with using my g/f's digital camera.
Get a Python or Viper 2way security system with remote start and have it installed. You won't regret it.

Old 04-25-2008, 04:00 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker

What do those run for the parts and labor?

Quick Reply: Truck will look better than ever