3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

STS Universal Turbo Kits -- READ!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 05:55 PM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: STS Universal Turbo Kits -- READ!

thats why we need a direct bolt on- f the universals not worth it, now hopefully they do make a direct bolt on that would be sweet then theres no problems-

Old 04-29-2008, 06:25 PM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker

u know im hoping thats the case, if thats the case then depending of the price of a bolt on turbo it would be awesome if they sold it for the price of the universal one

Old 04-29-2008, 07:14 PM
snipingdude
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: BAdassR/T

ah yes, dam i wish it was close, i do alot of mechanical crap so im a bit handy i think i could pull this off if it was bolt on-
Man, we should meet up BAdass R/T, so you can help me when im in need of mechanical help. My 17 year old brain doesnt have all the skills [:@]....AND thennnn we'll take pictures of our truck right next to each other post them on here and show these guys how awesome our trucks are!
mhm

Old 04-29-2008, 07:35 PM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker

hahaha yeah that would be cool- just hopefully they make this dam turbo i want one !!!

Old 04-29-2008, 07:43 PM
snipingdude
All Star

I want one too...I want more power on the high end, but I guess if you have to buy the intercooler and all the stuff they said then idk. But I talked to Joe and he said it was like a self-intercooling system I dont know, maybe Im crazy, cause the turbo would blow up if its too hot.

But yeah lets do it dude. Our trucks side by side will look so badass....

BAdass next to Argentumtron!!!!!! Ya hoo, 2 Dodgeforum.com members toger, we'll hold up a sign that says Dodgeforum.com lol

Old 04-29-2008, 10:37 PM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker

ha a little wierd but yeah stay on top of the turbo situation id like to know when i can get a bolt on one!

Old 04-29-2008, 10:46 PM
snipingdude
All Star

Like i said, Im gonna put in an email, I mean once the bolt-on is there, then you got all the pieces, but at the same time, the Paxton bolt-on is looking good too, idk ugh its so tough to decide!

Old 04-30-2008, 10:48 PM
Hunterdude

STS systems don't require an intercooler; its one of the benefits of mounting the turbo so far away from the engine as the air has plenty of time to cool down after going through the turbo. The downside is probably increased lag time and increased headloss resulting in lower boost pressure. The intercooler has nothing to do with cooling the turbo, normally an auxilary oil cooling line is used to do that. The intercooler cools the compressed air after the turbo resulting in a higher density charge, resulting in more oxygen for combustion in a given volume. I would say that it would be very unlikely they'll make a bolt on for the 4.7. Honestly the 4.7 is a poor starting point for performance and most people that own a vehicle with a 4.7 do so because they couldn't afford some thing with a hemi, 5.3, 5.4, 5.6, 5.7 et al and thus probably can't afford to be dropping a ton of money on their trucks. Thus they won't sell many kits and won't recoup their R&D costs. Thats pretty much the reason why there are no suspension kits for the Dak as well.

Old 05-01-2008, 01:19 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Theres a big aftermarket for 2nd Generation Dakotas though which also seem to be equipped with the 4.7L I think the problem lies not in the fact our Dakota's are equipped with the 4.7L but rather in the fact that our Dakotas are still only about 3-4 years old now so there is nothing specific for our trucks yet. They will make aftermarket parts but if we want them now we need to start pushing for them rather than sitting around and waiting. Look at how many Dakota owners on here alone want performance parts, if everyone sentan email to STS I bet you anything they would start considering making a bolt on kit for us.

I mean look at the 5.2 Dakotas, there is a lot of parts out there for the 5.2 because it has been around for 30+years, the 4.7L hasn't been around nearly as long and not as many people are pushing for parts for it. It's got such limited applications and that is why. The 318 was in cars and trucks in chrylers, plymouths, and dodges so it had a bigger consumer base for it whereas the 4.7l is only in the Dakota and Ram and some Jeeps (i think) so there isn't as big a group of people looking to try and get parts out of it. This is why we need to push and push hard to get companies to acknowledge that we exist.

Also just for everyones information I sent and email to Joe at STSexpressing everyones apparent interest in a bolt-on kit. I told him he's got probably at least 3 buyers who will definitely buy one if they could get us one in bolt-on form. I also told him I would post about this in the second gen forums to try and get more support. On top of thatI also requested a PDF file of the instruction/installation manual and told him we all want a better look at how the universal would be installed. Hopefully he will take us seriously. Badass you should make sure to email him and request a bolt-on also, they are gonna need a serious amount of requests to fabricate something specific to our vehicles. Everyone needs to email him that is remotely interested, we need the aftermarket support and this would be a huge step forward.

Also make sure to check this out if you would liketo see an STS universal turbo in action on a1994 Ford F150Lightning.

Zachary,

As someone who has expressed interest in STS Turbo and learning more about the many amazing benefits our system has to offer, we thoughtyou might like toknow about an upcoming program on the popular "Trucks TV" show this weekend.

Show host Kevin will take over the shop and install a Stage III Universal kit from STS Turbo on his '94 Ford Lightning. The showwill illustrate an option for the person who has a vehicle we do not yet have a complete bolt on kit available for, as well asdemonstrate the power, performance, and efficiency the STS Turbo system offers.

The episode is titled: MuscleTrux Part 3: 1994 Ford Lightning and will air this weekend on Spike TV - Saturday April 5, at 1:00 PM Eastern time and again on Sunday April 6 at Noon Eastern time.
Check your local listings for exact time and station.

Follow the link to the Trucks TV web page:
http://www.powerblocktv.com/sites/trucks/episodes/
Please don't hesitate to call or email with any questions or to let me help you put together a custom turbo system package that is just right for you.

Have a great weekend and enjoy the show!

Quick Reply: STS Universal Turbo Kits -- READ!