3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

STS Universal Turbo Kits -- READ!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 04:30 PM
Shibby927
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: STS Universal Turbo Kits -- READ!

Find one more , a 4th guy , and I will “sponsor” Uni kits @ 28% off retail for our “new club”. Joe@sts. [/align] [hr] [/align] From: Zachary Clary [mailto:zclary923@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2008 12:16 AM
To: Joe Loftus
Subject: RE: STS Universal Kits
[/align] Joe,

I have been talking to the other Dakota guys about your Turbos and they all seem excited but they are kind of pushing for a bolt-on for our trucks. I don't think it would be a bad idea either it would be a whole heck of a lot easier than having to go out and get pipes fabricated and everything. There are quite a few guys looking for performance out of their trucks (especially us guys with the 3.7L) that don't want to pay the steep steep price for the Paxton supercharger. Please consider making a bolt on kit for the 3.7L V6 and the 4.7L V8 and I will make sure to notify the 2nd Generation 1997-2004 Dakota owners about your turbos also. Hopefully you can work something out for us I know at least 3 people who are totally committed to buy if you can get us a bolt on kit.

Also is there anyway you can send me an adobe PDF of your instruction/installation manual, everyone kind of wants to see how a universal would be installed.

Thanks,

Zachary Clary

Old 05-01-2008, 07:36 PM
snipingdude
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

We should just get all the 3rd Gen Dak owners to put our skills, resources and finances together and build the DF Turbocharger!...Good job emailing SRT though...=]

Old 05-01-2008, 08:02 PM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so what r these bolt ons gonna cost?

Old 05-01-2008, 09:46 PM
Shibby927
Record Breaker

This guy really doesn't seem very inclined to make a bolt-on for our pickups. Keeps pushing the universal kits. I just don't want to spend a huge chunk of money on something that I will have to go out and pay even more money to have other parts fabricated/bent for so that it will work.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:23 PM
Hunterdude

It seems to me that fabricating the bending exhaust tubing is the very least of your problems. Any half way competent exhaust shop would have no problem doing that part. I think engine management and fuel delivery are going to be much bigger problems with no easy solution on these trucks. Good luck though.

Old 05-02-2008, 12:49 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker

Ok can someone just come right out and explain exactly how a turbo works and everything that is required for a turbo to work. What does fuel management have to do with a turbo, I am not very educated in mechanics all I know is the basics so all you ASE Certified, or closet mechanics out there give me an idea of everything I would need at a minimum to make a turbo work.

Old 05-02-2008, 01:05 AM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

turbo forces more air into the system, thus more air you need more fuel. in order to run a boosted application there are many factors. the stock injectors in our daks flow about 19lbs. with a boosted application you will need to flow about 55lbs. trying to get the fuel management to do that will include swapping out a fuel pump, injectors, fuel rails and electrical parts. sts turbos are good for one thing. if you truck comes from the factory with a turbo and it craps out, then these kits are good. because the truck has all the factory parts needed for the application, starting from scratch and getting up and running is a whole other story. drop marty a line at www.krcperformance.com, he can give you a better idea and you cabn look at his kit designed for our daks on his website

Old 05-02-2008, 02:24 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker

Thanks for the info, I guess this turbo is out the window for me then. I am just gonna look at the new 09 Rams when they come out.

I see they make a paxton for the 4.7 but I have a 3.7l.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:04 PM
SRT Dakoda
Default rear mounted turbo kit for sale

complete kit from my 84 dakoda quad cab.
T04E garett turbo T4 flange with GTX compressor wheel
turbonetics waste gate with 7 psi spring no controler needed
8 ford 32lbs injectors
oil pump
front mount intercooler and complete plumbing.
return line was added to fuel system and FMU regulator added 2psi per 1lb of boost
fuel press was set at 30psi with the bigger injectors and regulator.
Will need to mod exhaust to install. bracket to hang turbo included,
turbo sites infront of rear passanger wheel
Intake fits up between bed wall
Attached is a pic of the turbo installed
contact
anewell0120@aol.com

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Dakoda rear turbo.jpg (89.8 KB, 22 views)
Old 01-28-2013, 10:17 AM
SRT Dakoda

6.1 Hemi swap is alive. will be installing exhaust next week. Rear turbo kit will be removed next week. complete kit with intercooler and injectors, will need fuel pressure regulater.
MAKE OFFER

Quick Reply: STS Universal Turbo Kits -- READ!