Overhead Console with HomeLink - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > Dodge Trucks > Dodge Dakota > 3rd Gen Dakota
Reload this Page >

Overhead Console with HomeLink

3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Overhead Console with HomeLink

Old 05-13-2008, 05:08 PM
sugaman
Default Overhead Console with HomeLink

Hello everyone

This is my first post here I have been visiting since I bought my Dakata 05 and have found it to be very good for information on the dodge product line. I would like your help with an Idea I have. I have a 05-06 overhead console that I would like to put in my truck itonly has the light above. As far as I can tell I know it has the temp sensor up on the front by the raditor but that's all I can tell at this point. My question isdoes anyone know if it would be possible to put this factory overhead console up and what kind of issues would I run into. Has anyone tried this? thanks for your help.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:17 PM
snipingdude
All Star
Default RE: Overhead Console with HomeLink

So you mean you have the factory homelink console from another Dakota or carthat you want to put in your new one to replace the lights or something?

Well 1st welcome to the site,

but I dont think you should run into any problems as far as mounting and putting it up, I mean your gonna have to do some screwing and unswering and other stuff and your gonna of course want the lgihts to work but the Homelink should work with the things in your home like your lights and garage, except for using car power I dont think the system uses the trucks computer but its on....my two cens but I dont know if Im right ha

Old 05-14-2008, 04:10 PM
sugaman

Yeah that's right I have one that has the 2...3...2 button setup with temp ... compus... homelink stuff and that's what I want to put in. Thanks for the reply and im glad to hear it should'nt be to hard on me lol. I will post some pics up of the console later.

Old 05-16-2008, 05:05 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker

I have always wanted an overhead console in mine, I don't want homelink but I would like to have the temp, a compass, and MPG's, what would I need to put one in my truck?

Old 05-07-2010, 11:36 PM
ecuajosh

hi guys i need some help here i got an 06 dakota with regular dome lights, i purchased a overhead center cosole off ebay.
i discovered two disconnected plugs hidden on the roof i though i could just plug and play but when i received the console there is only 1 female plug and doesn't match any of the ones that come out the roof.
i seen a temperature sensor next to the headlight under the front grill.
can anyone help me please.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Overhead Console with HomeLink

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: