3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

3.7L parts for power...?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 01:49 PM
Lovinmydodge
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I have an intake on the truck now, I have stage 2 flowmaster catback exhaust on it as well. I'm looking to try and get more power out of my truck. Maybe picking up a tuner sometime as well as maybe trying to find some headers for it. I have looked but with little success.

I have considered doing a turbo for this truck, any input on doing a 3.7L V6 build up? any one seen anything done to these trucks?

Also I found some 3.7L v6 headers for the Ram,,, would they work on my truck or no? any input is welcome! just don't want to have to do a swap is all.

even a throttle body spacer for some jeeps with the 3.7? I just can't seem to find anything really other than a cheap "Chip" or a programmer and intake/exhaust other than that its almost nothing there. And I have considered spraying it but... I want daily use and I don't want to have to refill the bottle every 3 days.

Last edited by Altair; 02-15-2010 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Merging Double Post
Old 02-14-2010, 03:08 PM
Slick Dakota
Captain

they do make headers for it by JBA if I am not mistaken, how do your flowmaster cat back sound on the 3.7 ???

Old 02-14-2010, 03:21 PM
bigbotes69

JET Performance makes the "chip" (Stage 1) for our 3.7's but I have yet to buy it. I have not heard anything about so I don't know. Let me know if you find any performance parts. I already have the Flowmaster cat back which does sound pretty good and an open air intake while running 265 tires and overall I like it. Good luck

Old 02-14-2010, 03:31 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

try going over to the charger forum, they may have some input on the 3.7

Old 02-14-2010, 09:40 PM
Slick Dakota
Captain

Originally Posted by bigbotes69
JET Performance makes the "chip" (Stage 1) for our 3.7's but I have yet to buy it. I have not heard anything about so I don't know. Let me know if you find any performance parts. I already have the Flowmaster cat back which does sound pretty good and an open air intake while running 265 tires and overall I like it. Good luck
post a link for that chip stage one, I need a little extra power to push along these new wheels and tires I just bought LOL.. Cya Slick

Old 02-14-2010, 09:54 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bigbotes69
I've seen a lot of mixed reviews on those, do a search in this section for "Jet chip" you should have quite a few threads pop up.

Old 02-14-2010, 10:06 PM
Lovinmydodge
Professional

yeah. I'll get a video of the sound of my 3.7 with the flow's. and I'll try and get the walk around on the truck and intake etc. my intake is the one you see on ebay that is a split intake in the shape of a Y. its awesome and for 75 bucks its perfect. it sounds great too at like 3500 ^ rpms. and it really growls!!! but the exhaust sounds amazing. very clean at idle and sounds great, I think after headers and a new Y pipe collector and hi-flow cats, it would really sound great. And I think a nice solid turbo on this engine would be sick. But I don't know If I want to pay for having custom headers and tubing made as well as a custom stand alone maping for my comp. so yeah.

i'm really thinking a turbo on about 14 psi would be great for this setup. It sucks tho because this year Ford is making a 3.7L v6 with 305 bhp.... and the 4.8 with a supercharger that blown287 is running is only 301.....

but I love the power that a turbo provides. And I already have issues with spinning the tires at take-off, so If I can get power from around 2500 rpm's and up. I'd love about 340 hp at mid rpm range but thats going a little far. But I want to be able to pull in 3rd. thats my goal. because thats driving on the interstate here in Atlanta. and with the aweful traffik i have to be able to get away from ppl on the hwy.

Old 02-14-2010, 11:16 PM
bigbotes69

jetperformance.com

Old 02-15-2010, 12:26 AM
Slick Dakota
Captain

Yeah after reading a few threads I may just go with CIA, electric fan, forget the chip.. I am looking forward to hearing your guys exhaust with the 3.7 with the flowmasters.. Cya Slick

this was a great electric fan install thread.. Cya Slick

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...dlyblueiz.html

Old 02-15-2010, 08:41 AM
fenwayfan25

What brand is the intake for your 3.7? Does it help with any performance or is it just for sound? Thanks for any info.

Quick Reply: 3.7L parts for power...?