3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Need some ideas

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 09:16 PM
Cadillac15
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some ideas

Ok, I need some ideas to sexify my truck. Im not really worried about speed, so Im not thinking many more performance parts (I have K&N Intake and Gibson Exhaust). I just want some ideas on what to do to make my truck look a little nicer? for those of you that dont remember, this is my truck:

Old 05-29-2008, 10:07 PM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker
Default RE: Need some ideas

well u dont have a picture butttttttt..... i think a set of custom rims, maybe a nice fiberglass cover to complete the stripes, maybe hood idk hard to say how much ur willing to spend.

Old 05-30-2008, 02:31 AM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: BAdassR/T

well u dont have a picture butttttttt..... i think a set of custom rims, maybe a nice fiberglass cover to complete the stripes, maybe hood idk hard to say how much ur willing to spend.
I think you mean "aftermarket rims"...

Unless you expect him to make his own rims...

Sorry... pet peeve.

Old 05-30-2008, 02:45 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

ORIGINAL: Frenchy

Sorry... pet peeve.
x2, bugs me too

and fyi, tint that biznatch. youll be surprised how much tint can change the appearance of a vehicle. great investment bud, go for it. if your afraid of going too dark, get 20% all the way around. i know you already have the stock smoked windows, but get 20% over that, 20 percent up front, and a 5% brow. 20 over stock (which is between 17-18) should come out to just under 10, and fronts will still be 20. youll have great vision at night and it will help out a ton during the day. also, if your afraid of it being illegal, 20% up front is light enough that not even the most dickless cops would write you a ticket for that

Old 05-30-2008, 08:12 AM
Altair
Dak attack!

ORIGINAL: Night_Runner

ORIGINAL: Frenchy

Sorry... pet peeve.
x2, bugs me too

and fyi, tint that biznatch. youll be surprised how much tint can change the appearance of a vehicle. great investment bud, go for it. if your afraid of going too dark, get 20% all the way around. i know you already have the stock smoked windows, but get 20% over that, 20 percent up front, and a 5% brow. 20 over stock (which is between 17-18) should come out to just under 10, and fronts will still be 20. youll have great vision at night and it will help out a ton during the day. also, if your afraid of it being illegal, 20% up front is light enough that not even the most dickless cops would write you a ticket for that
For some states the problem isn't when getting pulled over. Here in Maine they test the front windows with a tint meter when you get a vehicle inspection. Anything darker than the legal limit and no sticker for you, it really sucks.

Old 05-30-2008, 10:01 AM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

get rid of the bull, and get the chrome accent piece that goes into the knock-out on the frt bumper, next get a set of projection lights. will make truck look good in the frt.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:22 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Ok everyone just be nice for a second.[sm=smiley20.gif] How about a set of these?

IMG_1354Large.jpg

Alrightlet the ball busting begin, hehe

Old 05-30-2008, 12:55 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

[sm=noooo.gif][sm=icon_beat.gif]

Old 05-30-2008, 04:03 PM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker

ok "custom" refers to aftermarket.... whats the big deal ?

Quick Reply: Need some ideas