3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

A NICE DAY...

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 11:28 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: A NICE DAY...

ORIGINAL: MonkeyWrench4000

The splash guards? Do you mean the rear mudflaps? They dont go on with double sided tape, they come with screws...?
oh damn, I totally missed that some how haha, yeah I installed them (the splashguards)with screws and I used stainless screws and silicone, damn that was a dumb moment

The covers used the 3m tape...

ORIGINAL: mb18

i like the splash guards a lot. I think the light covers would look better color matched, like everyone says...but they do look better than stock.

did you get your truck at CVM? (no reason for asking, just curious about what you thought of them, if you got it there)
No I didnt not, I bought the truck from Hampton Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep out of Elmira, Ny which has now changed owners to Ferarrio
That where you purchased your truck? Whats your opinion on them, I may do some business with them down the road?

Old 06-02-2008, 12:00 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the splash guards but I can't say I amdigging the plastic tailight covers. I put a set of those on my 92 Dakota when I had it and one flew off, I don't trust them and In my opinion they just kind of look cheap. If I were you I would look at some IPCW tail lights. They make them for our trucks. They are relatively expensive at over $300.00 but they are the best looking tail lights you could ask for. I know they make them in chrome, black, and carbon fiber for sure.

http://www.autoanything.com/lights/6...;from_search=1

Old 06-02-2008, 08:22 AM
07QCDAK
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry, yea I was talking about the mud flaps. I was thinking of doing the same and now ive got a place to buy the paint (thanks ericemery) and I hadnt thought about using silicone on the holes.

Old 06-02-2008, 10:31 AM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

if you get the mud flaps get them painted from a local shop. if you live were they sand and salt the roads come winter time, it will eat right throught the stuff. i purchased my flaps through dodge and had a local shop do the paint. total cost for everything was 75.00. they put a special flex agent in the paint to avoid cracking, same stuff they use on the frt painted bumpers

Old 06-02-2008, 04:10 PM
mb18
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: lghtngblt02

No I didnt not, I bought the truck from Hampton Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep out of Elmira, Ny which has now changed owners to Ferarrio
That where you purchased your truck? Whats your opinion on them, I may do some business with them down the road?
I didn't get my truck there, actually. I bought mine at Ladd Hanford in Lebanon. My aunt bought her Subaru at CVM (they do Subaru and VW, too, I think) and she seems pretty happy with them, and her car. I know I'd recommend CVM over Ladd Hanford...

Old 06-02-2008, 10:42 PM
Deer Hunter
Veteran

Eric, I like those stripes and scoop. Where did you get them?

Old 06-03-2008, 12:04 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: mb18

ORIGINAL: lghtngblt02

I didn't get my truck there, actually. I bought mine at Ladd Hanford in Lebanon. My aunt bought her Subaru at CVM (they do Subaru and VW, too, I think) and she seems pretty happy with them, and her car. I know I'd recommend CVM over Ladd Hanford...
I did buy the splash guards through CVM, their customer service was awesome, I was happy, as far as that went. The parts were there exactly when they said they would be, no jerking around, etc.

Quick Reply: A NICE DAY...