3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

So, Some things need to be said...

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 11:19 PM
Night_Runner
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: So, Some things need to be said...

well after an evening over there, i can tell ya, while over there, i am in the junkyard or no hold bars section. i doubt ill use that site for my dakota, more of a recreation site since there arnt many daks over there. good recreation site though, full of good jokes, beautiful women, ect. havent actually used it as a truck info source. i can see the ram guys are using it as one, but there really isnt much for dakotas. still fun though, but it holds a way different vibe. i do like it, but for different reasons, and i do like this site, but again, different reasons

Old 07-03-2008, 01:32 AM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker

I am on multiple sites too, 10 that I can think of right off the top of my head and thats only car ones not including photography, metal fabrication, and gun sites.

Old 07-03-2008, 04:21 AM
Cuban11182
All Star

How are we competing with the other sites? If this site has more people on it than any of the others do we get some sort of prize? Do our trucks magically go faster? Maybe we will win the war between the online forums. Did we go back to the Cold War and I was unaware? Maybe we should have some sort of Bio-metric scanner at our homes so that we can log in secure, because god only knows what will happen if the "other" sites get a hold of the cornicopia of information we have here. Why is that a rule? Make me understand so I don't think that we have a bunch of children on here. If not, I think we should stop this whole high school BS and get on with it.

And as far as banning an IP, that doesn't work, all you have to do is change the IP addres with the hundreds of programs that do that. Or go through a proxy site, or just change your router.

Rant off

Old 07-03-2008, 07:19 AM
wyattc329
Veteran

I agree with everyone who's posted in this thread so far, to an extent.

I'm all for multiple dodge sites, and all for finding ways to better you're dakota and other dodge vehicles, but there are ways to attract people to your own site, and spamming just isn't one of them. Not only does it make you look less legit, but in most cases just annoys the **** out of people, I for instance wouldn't go to a site because you spam me. So let's everyone live in harmony, and welcome other people from other forums. Just don't be childish about.

Knuckles on that!

Old 07-03-2008, 11:47 AM
Cuban11182
All Star

ORIGINAL: ericemery

I guess my degree in IT doesn't help me with that though...
But it sure helps you to be a smart @$$ doesn't it.

Oh, and i didn't say anything about not being able to visit the other site. That was someone else.

Besides that I can understand why people are getting banned. I didn't even see the post, but I think that the rules should speak for themselves. If someone does something wrong then ban them. We don't need to be talk to like little kids though, just ban the people that break the rules, don't micromanage the site.

You are right, the site did make my truck faster. And I learned about the body lifts, tonneaus etc. that members have used and liked and or disliked. But, don't think that this site is the only one with that information. I do like this site more than Dodge-Talk (ohhh, I said it, such blasphemy). But as of recent, people are using it as a intant messanger, and talking about non-truck related things, why haven't you moved them to the off-topic tab?

As far as the whole Ghost programs as you call them, ( I was unaware they were called that, I don't, have an IT degree) I've used them before and have had no issues with them. I've been banned from one site and went back after switching my IP, so maybe if I get banned from this site, for being honest and speaking my mind, I will still be able to come back and read the information that will someday go back to being truck related. If not, there is always Google.

Old 07-03-2008, 11:53 AM
Cuban11182
All Star

11. Don't post "Hey BigJoe1456"as a thread, if you need to speak to someone specifically, PM or email them.
6. Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short), "smiley" only, non-sense posts and such.
https://dodgeforum.com/m_1352457/tm.htm
https://dodgeforum.com/m_1339198/tm.htm
https://dodgeforum.com/m_1338097/tm.htm
https://dodgeforum.com/m_1355702/tm.htm

If we are going to abide by the rules, we should abide by all of them, MOD.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:11 PM
Cuban11182
All Star

Gotta love mods on a power trip. Very well, do as you please. You are right, it is your choice, and not mine. But when you only complain when it suits you and not when it doesnt', even though apparent rules were broken, that makes you a hypocrite.

And if you want to be a respected site I don't think that it should have hypocrites as Moderators. Especially ones that talk like you have.

Thats, just my modest, non-IT, opinion though.

Your turn.

Quick Reply: So, Some things need to be said...