3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Bilsteins, would you buy them for you Gen 3?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 02:04 PM
NJJer
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bilsteins, would you buy them for you Gen 3?

After all the BS with no shocks, and now a few shocks, I went ahead and did my own research looking at Bilstein shocks. One look at any of the Ram sections goes to show how well these work and are received. These are not some made in Mexico junk. These are made in Germany where they still give a damn about quality.

I have a set on the rear of my 05, and out of the few I have tried on it (not much available) these are the best.
Fronts to come later. Only dealing with the rears right now.

Here is a chance to show a large company that there is a market for these and we will buy them if they go into production.

Would you buy these if they were available?

Please copy and paste so later on I can forward this list to Bilstein

Yes I would buy-
Jer

Maybe I would buy-

Need more info (price, etc)-

Please, do not contact Bilstein about these. I have seen where other companies have had so many responses from emails that they can not go about their day by day routines.

Please use the above list and I will forward it, along with a link here if response is great enough, to them.

Thank you

Old 08-16-2008, 02:36 PM
baracis
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe I would buy-

Old 08-16-2008, 06:21 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

Hell yes I would buy some, if Bilstein releases them I'll start saving up for fronts and rears the second they're announced!

Some additional info you may or may not know already. I tried calling about front shocks many times before, for awhile I was told they were under development, the last time I called they said development was cancelled due to lack of interest, they are dead wrong.

Originally Posted by NJJer
After all the BS with no shocks, and now a few shocks, I went ahead and did my own research looking at Bilstein shocks. One look at any of the Ram sections goes to show how well these work and are received. These are not some made in Mexico junk. These are made in Germany where they still give a damn about quality.

I have a set on the rear of my 05, and out of the few I have tried on it (not much available) these are the best.
Fronts to come later. Only dealing with the rears right now.

Here is a chance to show a large company that there is a market for these and we will buy them if they go into production.

Would you buy these if they were available?

Please copy and paste so later on I can forward this list to Bilstein

Yes I would buy-
Jer
Rich (Altair)

Maybe I would buy-

Please, do not contact Bilstein about these. I have seen where other companies have had so many responses from emails that they can not go about their day by day routines.

Please use the above list and I will forward it, along with a link here if response is great enough, to them.

Thank you

Old 08-16-2008, 06:38 PM
NJJer
Veteran

Keep with me guys. I need all to show by names that you are indeed interested in these.

I forgot to put that they are the 5100 Series and these are not the "lesser" Yellow ones.

Price should be along the other 5100 Series. Depending on where you get them, $75-$125 each. If they stay the same as the ones I am running with just the 2 very minor changes needed, I see them at the lower end of the price scale.

Show me (us) interest guys, I will pass this along.

I have pics of mine after I polished them over at another board. Sorry I can't mention where.

FYI, I had purchased a few different models of the 5100 until I found which ones work. No one gave me one dime or any freebies to help me. So please know, I am getting nothing from Bilstein or anyone else on this deal.

Thanks

Old 08-16-2008, 06:52 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

Any chance you could post some pics of them up here too? Could help to generate interest.

Old 08-16-2008, 09:53 PM
Rayzuli
Amateur

Yes I would buy-

Please post some pics!! we want to see

Old 08-16-2008, 10:01 PM
NJJer
Veteran

Lets see if this works

This is before installing them. Just a few mins buffing and I got this result.

Last edited by NJJer; 02-18-2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:24 AM
LB
Veteran

Yup, I would buyem!

Lb

Old 08-17-2008, 11:00 AM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker

id buy them!

Old 08-19-2008, 12:34 AM
NJJer
Veteran

OK guys, atleast I have a few of you who will spend the cash for these.

I am going to get intouch again with Bilstein on Friday this week and forward them this list. I wish it was longer, but I guess people just don't want to spend a few extra for a better product?

I want to say thanks, as the response here was better than at a much larger board. It may be not what I was expecting, but better is better. So thanks to those who took the time to answer and ask questions.

One last push here, tell people, even if we get a "maybe" out of them. As long as we can show enough interest, that is what matters right now.

Quick Reply: Bilsteins, would you buy them for you Gen 3?