3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

What did your exhaust cost?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 10:00 PM
whiteram00
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have 220 in my exhaust,that includes takeing the muffler an both resanators off, an y pipe installed, an 2 tailpipes out the back an my summit racing tips on included in the price,he charges 10$ a weild,my tips i got for 15 shipped for both,but i am goin to add a mac flowpath muffler next month

Old 08-27-2008, 05:11 PM
baracis
Record Breaker

They sell welders at walmart...but I don't think I wanna teach myself on my truck. Or buy a welder from Walmart..

Old 08-28-2008, 12:28 AM
wyattc329
Veteran

Originally Posted by baracis
They sell welders at walmart...but I don't think I wanna teach myself on my truck. Or buy a welder from Walmart..

Harbor Freight!

Old 08-29-2008, 11:10 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i paid 250 out the door for my three inch single catback with a larger y-pipe. lost both resonators. will definitly go with another three inch single when this one finally rusts out. most shops if you pay in cash they wont charge you sales tax

Old 08-30-2008, 09:10 PM
Triggerhappy
Rookie

Three inch Ram exhaust kit with flowmaster 40 series with angle cut and rolled tips dual out the back and i paid 350. But i live in florida where everything is more expensive

Last edited by Triggerhappy; 08-30-2008 at 09:11 PM. Reason: forgot price
Old 08-30-2008, 10:19 PM
baracis
Record Breaker

I live in Florida too. It sucks! I'm thinking about going with the 3" piping too.

Old 08-31-2008, 04:05 AM
dodgebuzz
Amateur

Originally Posted by Altair
$150 out the door installed for mine and that's counting the $30 tip I bought on ebay. Had my favorite local exhaust guy rip out the stock muffler and both resonators then install a Cherry Bomb Vortex muffler with a dual tip exiting in front of the passenger rear tire.

how is the cherry bomb? only had flowmaster before also looking at the borla

Old 08-31-2008, 04:27 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love it, I guess you could say the sound is somewhat similar to a flow 40. The guy who did my exhaust has run a local shop for years now, he sells flowmaster and cherry bomb. He said most people come in and ask for flows and that's what he puts on but he prefers the cherry bombs for the sound. Quick version of what he told me, flows will seem louder in the cab but the vortex (cherry bomb) directs more sound out the pipe while seeming quieter in the cab. Also it does not have the popcorn sound you get with some flowmasters. I like it because it's different enough that it sounds unique, everyone in my area gets flowmaster and after awhile you get used to hearing it. Mine sounds different enough that people wonder, I had a coworker last summer tell me if harley made a truck it should sound like mine. Also, I haven't seen any bench tests so this is pure speculation but looking at cut-away diagrams I believe mine will flow better than the flowmaster.

Here's the cutaway for cherry bomb http://www.cherrybomb.com/products/

Down the road when I get some serious engine mods on I will probably exchange the muffler for the cherry bomb extreme.

Quick Reply: What did your exhaust cost?