3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

wet floor on passenger side of 05 dakota

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 04:47 PM
Deer Hunter
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I get that

I get that water thing. Let me tell you what I've found. If I use the heat, defrost or a/c and don't turn it off, I get a floor full of water on the passenger side. But only if it rains or snows, and not when the truck is running, only when the truck is shut off. If I turn the fan off and wait untill the vents completely close, no problem, even in a monsoon. Roll up the windows and turn off the radio and listen, you can hear how long it takes for the vents to close. When I shut off the truck before the vents are fully closed, they don't fully close. Stupid design. Well, that's my story.

Old 10-09-2008, 03:54 AM
tcv
Rookie

I had a problem like this years ago on a Chrysler car. It turned out to be the AC condensation tube in the engine compartment (it was rubber or plastic) somehow it had sealed itself shut. All I did was flex it open and I never had a problem with it after that.

Tom

Old 10-09-2008, 06:41 AM
MauiWowwee

i had this problem in january-february. i complained to the dealership's service dept, and they tried to figure it out. when they did, it turned out to be a leak in the a/c ducting.

Old 10-14-2008, 07:31 PM
01dodge
Rookie
Talking Wet floor

I had the same problem on passenger and then the drivers side. I ended up masking off the
extioror of the rear window and resealing it with black window rubber seal. Fixed the problem.

Quick Reply: wet floor on passenger side of 05 dakota