3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

wet floor on passenger side of 05 dakota

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 12:31 AM
usarmedforcesvet
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wet floor on passenger side of 05 dakota

I just wanted to ask if anyone has had water accumulate on the passenger side floor, and if so what needs to be repaired/replaced? Any info would be greatly appreciated

Old 09-23-2008, 12:36 AM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did, over the winter, didn't realize it, til this spring, when I pulled the carpet out of my truck...

I don't know where it comes from, or anything... so I can't help out..

Old 09-23-2008, 04:08 AM
AdidasCJ
Veteran

i remeber this being an issue on a few trucks, hell when i got mine there was one at the dealer that was having this problem. tyhe dealer never could find were it was comming in from. I assuse i has to be a design flaw somewere that is allowing water to seep into the cab tunneled in from somewere......

Old 09-23-2008, 06:04 AM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker

There could be a few reasons, one heater core (but if its not loosing coolent then its not that), A/C drain (When the A/C gets cold it causes condensation which must drain out of the cab, If the little drain has a spot of dirt or anything else covering it up then it will drain into the cab on pass. side.), Seal around windshield, Or body seam at bottom of windshield. To check the seams and seals sit outside with a hose coating the passenger side of the windshield with water and if it leaks you found it. The A/C drain will be on the firewall.

My 2500 work truck had a pluged A/C drain and with it on Max it would have 1" in the floor over the course of 30miles.

Last edited by turbot_bird; 09-23-2008 at 06:07 AM.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:50 AM
Racinartist
All Star

Originally Posted by turbot_bird
There could be a few reasons, one heater core (but if its not loosing coolent then its not that), A/C drain (When the A/C gets cold it causes condensation which must drain out of the cab, If the little drain has a spot of dirt or anything else covering it up then it will drain into the cab on pass. side.), Seal around windshield, Or body seam at bottom of windshield. To check the seams and seals sit outside with a hose coating the passenger side of the windshield with water and if it leaks you found it. The A/C drain will be on the firewall.

My 2500 work truck had a pluged A/C drain and with it on Max it would have 1" in the floor over the course of 30miles.

I had the same problem with my 05 (and 01 and 04 for that matter). During the warm months, especially on a trip, when the AC was on the passenger side floor would get soaked. Had it to the dealer for repairs more than once and they kept telling me it had something to do with some condenser tube (I think), but the problem never did get fixed. Even after their "repairs" I would still have the problems during the warmer seasons.

The problem eventually did get fixed though. The truck got totaled. Haha

Old 09-23-2008, 11:19 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Racinartist
The problem eventually did get fixed though. The truck got totaled. Haha

HAHA thats one way of fixing it!

Old 09-23-2008, 10:39 PM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker

ya, in my work truck (1999 2500 ram) I had to unplug the hole and put an extension tube down past floor level in the engine bay. hasn't happened since.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:14 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That used to happen in my Integra, found out the hard way I needed new sunroof seals when I went thru an automatic car wash

Quick Reply: wet floor on passenger side of 05 dakota