3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

limp mode

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 09:04 AM
s2ks
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default limp mode

once in a while when i truck feels like being a douche bag, it will go into limp mode. all i have to do is turn it off and turn it back on and it will run fine. the ses light will come on and stay on for a day or 2 then turn itself back off. i have pulled several different codes, lean bank 1 and 2, cam position, knock sensor, and a couple others. the cam position sensor has come up about everytime. the stealership claimed my iat sensor came unplugged when they pulled the truck into the shop, they replugged it, called it the reason, and charged me 100 bucks. i got into an arguement with them because that wont kick it into limp mode, but of course i was out my $100. anyone else have or heard of similar problems???

Old 09-25-2008, 10:23 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I think BAdassR/T just had his knock sensor go bad... I agree I cant see how the IAT would cause that, now the cam position sensor would def do that. I think that they were blowing smoke up your ***

Old 09-25-2008, 10:26 AM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

how many miles on the truck again. you may be experinecing a 02 sensor failure. causing the truck to go lean. next time it happens put the pedal to the floor and see if you can get it to back fire through the tb. if so it is an 02 sensor. my fullsize did the same thing until they were changed out. also while your under truck. smack the cat converter with a hammer. if you hear small pellets moving around in there, then those need to be changed out also. that will be covered by dodge

Old 09-25-2008, 09:25 PM
s2ks
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in have 40k on the truck. it goes into limp mode, it will not go over 3k rpm's. it does it just about everytime i wash the engine, i am thinking it is the cam position sensor.

Quick Reply: limp mode