3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Hypertech

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 07:47 AM
snipingdude
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BAdassR/T
annoyed them too.......... except i prob wont need 1
dude your gay...lol, you still didnt mention who and where haha =]

Old 10-07-2008, 10:37 AM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

joe, your gonna need a programmer once you get a turbo. upgrading to 55lb injectors without a tune will cost ya. might even have to get a bar 2 map sensor so your incoming air doesnt throw the computer off the scale. theres a bunch of other little stuff you will need. different cats, you will burn those right up. might even have to upgrade the intake. lets see how long the plastic one lasts under full boost. turbo puts more pressure on the system them nitrous. so do your home work or the fourth of july will come early for you.

Old 10-07-2008, 06:31 PM
snipingdude
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by superdak05
joe, your gonna need a programmer once you get a turbo. upgrading to 55lb injectors without a tune will cost ya. might even have to get a bar 2 map sensor so your incoming air doesnt throw the computer off the scale. theres a bunch of other little stuff you will need. different cats, you will burn those right up. might even have to upgrade the intake. lets see how long the plastic one lasts under full boost. turbo puts more pressure on the system them nitrous. so do your home work or the fourth of july will come early for you.
hmm pushing for joe to save up a little more for that Paxton S/C I see...lol =]

Old 10-09-2008, 04:17 AM
Cuban11182
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any word yet when this would be available for our trucks?

Old 10-09-2008, 04:21 PM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker

no i understand all about the turbo setup... the intake is def gonna be steal... and its going to be a custom setup... Tune timing performance in toms river is most likely going to do it... the have a dyno and do custom tunes... ill let you guys know tomorrow im going there after work to pick up the JEEPPPP!!!! hopefully they tuned it more then 500 to the wheels but stock setting was 500...

ooh and Ken the guy im going to be working with at tune tyme doesnt like the paxton he said he put one in a srt10 and really hated doing it...
so im pretty sure im taking up his offer on the custom turbo....

Old 10-09-2008, 06:15 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ericemery
I am looking into it... I am going down there for a week around the 1st of the year
Say whaaat? You better call me, dude.

Doesn't make much sense to offer this for the 08 and not any of the pervious 3rd gens. BAD move on their part.

Old 10-10-2008, 11:55 PM
SilverGhost1
All Star

I just got a call today from SuperChips in FLA asking me if I would be willing to head there so they could have my truck for the week for tests of a new module. Unfortunately, I can't. So one of you may want to call them.

Quick Reply: Hypertech