3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Moores Hoods

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 08:16 AM
snipingdude
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Moores Hoods

They said they finished up our year of Dakota of course works to push air towards your conical air filter....and even included pictures with the email....

And Im just letting you guys know....im not saying omgosh lets buy them...just getting news around lalalalalala =]

DSC00199.jpg

DSC00200.jpg

Old 10-08-2008, 10:11 AM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

sharp lookinghood. may have to inquirer about that

Old 10-08-2008, 10:25 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

ya i like it but i think id rather have an 08 over the orig 3rd gens

Old 10-08-2008, 05:11 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Not a bad looking hood

Old 10-08-2008, 09:06 PM
snipingdude
All Star
Wink Update guys

Hello Ken,

Thank you for the reply, I am glad you had some additional questions and will like to answer them.

The hood struts on the new Dakota pose no problems, our hood is sturdy and built the same as the 2nd Gen SRT hood we offer..........that hood has powerful springs ( not struts ) and everything works fine, the stock 05-07 hood is pretty weak and lighter than the earlier generation hood.

Price will be the same as our other SRT hood, $595.00 and Heat Extractors will be available, we have experienced big price increases in raw materials this year but intend to hopefully maintain the same price for our products.

Our test truck was equipped with an Airaid cold air system, which had the filter behind the passenger headlight, consequently that is where the air exit hole will be on the underside of the hood, we will also offer a "Straight through" opening if the customer desires where the air enters the opening at the front of the hood, continues through the hood and exits at the end of the "Tunnel".

I hope this was of help to you and other forum members, please feel free to fire off others if needed.

Graham @Moore Performance Products.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:09 PM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice looking ****... think after turbo im gonna see if i can make mine functional....

Old 10-08-2008, 10:22 PM
LB
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NICE!, can we buy them painted?

Thanks,
LB

Old 10-13-2008, 10:36 PM
snipingdude
All Star

Thank you for the reply, I am glad you had some additional questions and will like to answer them.

The hood struts on the new Dakota pose no problems, our hood is sturdy and built the same as the 2nd Gen SRT hood we offer..........that hood has powerful springs ( not struts ) and everything works fine, the stock 05-07 hood is pretty weak and lighter than the earlier generation hood.

Price will be the same as our other SRT hood, $595.00 and Heat Extractors will be available, we have experienced big price increases in raw materials this year but intend to hopefully maintain the same price for our products.

Our test truck was equipped with an Airaid cold air system, which had the filter behind the passenger headlight, consequently that is where the air exit hole will be on the underside of the hood, we will also offer a "Straight through" opening if the customer desires where the air enters the opening at the front of the hood, continues through the hood and exits at the end of the "Tunnel".

I hope this was of help to you and other forum members, please feel free to fire off others if needed.

Thank you for the reply, the "decal color" you mentioned is for the two "Ram Air" decals we supply with the hood, these are applied after the hood is painted but some customers leave them off to give a cleaner look, there is a choice of 6 colors.

We do not supply painted hoods due to the logistics of shipping a painted part, the same reason you cannot go to your Dodge dealer and purchase a painted fender/hood etc.

All of our hoods a Fiberglass, we do not manufacture Carbon Fiber products due to the cost/problems associated with such items, the hoods come in a Grey Gelcoat finish that looks like primer.

Glad to read that the hood has people interested, there are few parts available for the 3rd Gen Dakota but soon you will be able to get a new hood!

Quick Reply: Moores Hoods