3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Newbie with some questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 01:14 PM
nova_dakota
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie with some questions

So, I have an '06 QC SLT and love it. I'm looking at doing a intake/exhaust mod and have some questions. I'm a motorcycle guy so some of this truck stuff is new to me.

I have heard good things about the Cherry Bomb exhausts. I'm looking for something not too loud but definitely beefy that will pass emissions. I live in an urban area. Any suggestions?

Secondly...intake suggestions? I don't have the resources to make my own. Are some of the cheaper intakes on ebay decent with a K&N filter?

Old 10-20-2008, 01:30 PM
snipingdude
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum dude...

As far as intake a majority of people here have a K&N, you can find them on autoanything or autotrucktoys...but like you said u can use the ebay ones as long as they fit properly lol...more specifically where the stock airbox would be....theres a whole bunch more like making your own, InJen, AEM, whatever floats your rootbeer pretty much,

For the exhaust, I have a Flowmaster Force II, loud on the gas but not too loud when cruising, also Magnaflow can be good too, Gibson too...CHerry bomb is really loud depends where your at I guess lol....

*sigh* anddddd if you want more answers at the top of the forum in this section is a "Read First" Common topics and questions thread....check that out lol....almost everything is in there....

except for a topic on how bad i beat this toyota celica and his car broke MWAHHAHAHAHAHA lol..o k im done

Old 10-20-2008, 02:20 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome to the forum!

CherryBomb!!! Its the way to go IMO for the Exhaust, as far as Intakes I have a KN 77 Series. Make sure you have the resonators deleted too. Heres a clip of the Cherrybomb Pro Series exhaust with the resonator deleted that I have, I like the sound. I have also attached some photos of the exhaust and the intake. If ya have any more questions dont hold back

Exhaust:

IMGP6589.jpg

IMGP6590.jpg

Intake:

IMGP5743.jpg

IMGP5744.jpg

Last edited by lghtngblt02; 10-20-2008 at 02:23 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:39 PM
nova_dakota

I'm gonna assume the Cherry Bomb Pro is louder than the Vortex?

Old 10-20-2008, 04:31 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think his is a little louder, hard to tell for sure from the video. I have the Vortex on mine, gives a nice deep rumble (probably a bit deeper than the pro judging by the video). I had a coworker tell me last summer if Harley made a truck it ought to sound like mine Unfortunately I don't have any exhaust clips up but I def agree go Cherry Bomb. I had a Vortex on my last truck (95 silverado 350) and knew a bunch of guys that had Flow 40's on the same truck, mine sounded much better.

http://cherrybomb.com/products/vortex

Old 10-20-2008, 04:37 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Finally he chimes in!

You selfish bastad you forgot to add this link, http://www.cherrybomb.com/products/pro

Old 10-20-2008, 05:00 PM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker

its all up to you man... i recommend magnaflow 100% everything ive put it on has sounded awesome.. nice clean roar.... id go with a K&N intake if u got the money its worth it......

Old 10-20-2008, 05:59 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eric in some states you automatically fail inspection if you don't have a muffler. I was thinking of going straight pipe like you did but I wouldn't have been able to get a sticker in Maine.

Quick Reply: Newbie with some questions