3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Squeeky Back brakes

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 08:34 AM
boopadoopa
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Squeeky Back brakes

Alright, Im getting a constant squeek from my back brakes while stopping . I Have an 05 Dak with the original
back brake Pads. The pads are fine, tons of life left in them,Drums are normal however that squeal is yanking me off to no end. I would change the shoes however Dodge is the only place to get them and they want 245 for the set??? What are they made of Gold!
Anyone else have this issue or is it just me. Im beginning to think This truck was a mistake as there are no parts available for this 3 year old truck thru a parts store only thru Dodge and you need your Vin Number everytime you call as every truck made that year has different parts just thrown on them like it was all the leftover crap from previous years production. Any input would be appreciated.

Last edited by boopadoopa; 10-23-2008 at 08:36 AM. Reason: forgot a word
Old 10-23-2008, 08:49 AM
boopadoopa
Professional

Warranty was 3-36 on My truck! I have 56K presently on it. Dont get me wrong I love the truck just when something goes wrong its a pain getting parts from Dodge only marked up 5 times what it should be. That is Bull??? Brake shoes for the rear $245 rediculous!!!

Old 10-23-2008, 08:53 AM
sdsdsd
Captain

I have nothing but problems with my rear brakes. Apparently they have changed the design a few times.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:56 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

dont you have drums in the rear?? my rear drums sqeak like crazy when im stopping try adjusting them (on mine backing up and slamming on the brakes does this) or you could pull the drum and try it manually but if the drum comes off easy they are too loose, this usually fixes mine for a while, but squeaks are just in the nature of drums bc the dust has nowhere to go i gets caught up in the drum and just settles onto the bottom then is there when you go to stop

Old 10-23-2008, 10:34 AM
boopadoopa
Professional

Yea they are Drums on the rear. So I guess they should be called Shoes and not Pads. I have adjusted them. Ill tear them apart this weekend and ckeck them out and see what i can clean up or turn down the drum if needed. Thanks for the information

Old 10-24-2008, 03:30 PM
LB
Veteran

Hmm,
Checker list's them for $75, do these not fit?

LB

Quick Reply: Squeeky Back brakes