3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Iridium Plugs Installed!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 09:05 AM
fireman2828
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Iridium Plugs Installed!!

Installed my NGK Iridium plugs last week. Only have about 80 miles on them but they are doing great. Take off is now awsome. No hesitation, increase g-force. Don't know about mpg yet. I bought really cheap gas. After a few tanks, I'll be able to tell if mpg changes.
Speaking of mpg, I was impressed with last tank. I drove truck like I stole it. All hard takeoffs, raced a few buddies from work, Done a few donuts in a parking lot at a chevy dealer, let truck run with ac at a few stores, left truck run at an accident I stopped at for about an hour, and managed 14.7 mpg. Mostly city, very very little highway. I was impesse with that.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:44 AM
studlyblueiz
Veteran

That's good to hear. I just change to the Autolite's 600 miles ago and I'm getting concerned about them in the H.O. since we've now found that some came with Plats factory. It been cold early mornings all this week and the Dak has been acting up when starting. I usually just hop in start and take off but I've been letting the truck warm up when I take the dog out. I'll turn it off to get the keys to lock the door and try to start again. I had to hold the key on ign for an unusual long time to get it to start.

Now gas mileage has been better since so I'm not ready to blame the plugs yet. I'll try premium fuel and fuel injector cleaner. But if that doesn't help I may try those Iridiums.

What part # did you use?

Old 10-23-2008, 12:26 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

its been near 30 degrees here in ct when i get out of work in the morning. i never let truck warm up, get in, start truck, smoke the tires down the street. forgot the nitrous was still on. but they say newer vechicles you dont need to warm up.

Old 10-23-2008, 03:29 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ericemery
I remote start mine everyday. it runs for 15 minutes before I even leave the house...
I love my remote start

Old 10-24-2008, 08:39 AM
studlyblueiz
Veteran

when I leave I typical close the door, start, straight to reverse, buckle seat belt, go! I've always found that it's good to give your seals and rings time to warm up before bolting off. At least try to give them a chance to gradually heat up. I would think this applies to all piston'd vehicles as that design between the years hasn't changed...

I wouldn't mind remote start just haven't decided if i'm keeping it or not

Old 10-24-2008, 01:58 PM
wyattc329
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine hasn't started in two months hahahaha

Old 10-25-2008, 12:15 PM
fireman2828
Professional

Originally Posted by wyattc329
mine hasn't started in two months hahahaha
You mean your remote start won't work from over their? What a rip!!!!!
Anyone with remote start replace the original key with the fob built on? I hate these keys. Was told key replacement over a hundred dollars. Ouch....

Quick Reply: Iridium Plugs Installed!!