3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

superchips update

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 08:33 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

just got my email from flashpaq. they will have my update ready within 10 working days. we wait three years for this product to come out, why not wait alittle longer

Old 10-31-2008, 09:58 PM
mikset
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ericemery
then why not just wait the extra 10 days to release it? just doesnt make sense.

Could be this is why. Posted today on another board by a dude from Hypertech:

"The Max Energy is backed by a 30 day money back guarantee so you can buy it and test it for yourself risk free and then tell all the guys here how awesome it is.

With the Max Energy you can still run regular fuel and get an awesome gains.

The older 4.7s are coming I may have even seen 1 or 2 here.

And just in case anyone is wondering the Max Energy can be used to read and clear DTCs just like a scan tool."

Maybe Superchips wanted to be first to market, even if the programmer wasn't quite ready for release.

Old 10-31-2008, 11:34 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

they say that these trucks have so many calibrations between model. 4x2 and 4x4 that they just cant release only one program. like the hemis. basically they are all the same. unlike the 4.7 which has an h.o version also.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:19 AM
paul05dak
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So this is what they plan on doing for the future also? Get the programmer, download your trucks info, send to them and they send you a "customized" update just for your truck? If they market it right "could" be a selling point but going in thinking your going to be able to plug in and go is dissapointing.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:41 AM
s2ks
Rookie

screw that, i would call and gripe till they gave me my money back for the wasted dyno time!

Old 11-01-2008, 10:40 AM
mikset
Professional

Originally Posted by paul05dak
So this is what they plan on doing for the future also? Get the programmer, download your trucks info, send to them and they send you a "customized" update just for your truck? If they market it right "could" be a selling point but going in thinking your going to be able to plug in and go is dissapointing.

Yeah it's really not that big a deal to have to upgrade the programmer for your particular truck, if they can do it in a timely manner. I wouldn't want to have to wait around for 10 days or so to program my rig after I'd received the tuner, maybe a day or two I could live with. I agree, they also need to make people aware of what they have to deal with before they buy the programmer. Oh well, hopefully they'll nail it down. For me, I've defiantly decided to go with the SCT tune. I'll let you guys know how that goes.

Old 11-01-2008, 12:32 PM
paul05dak
Record Breaker

I was attempting to lookup the SCT Tuner but couldn't fine anything for the 4.7 magnum (05 Dakota) where is it for that motor? Had high hopes for the Superchips and am still hoping that in the end it is a thumbs up instead of down!

Old 11-01-2008, 01:32 PM
mikset
Professional

Originally Posted by paul05dak
I was attempting to lookup the SCT Tuner but couldn't fine anything for the 4.7 magnum (05 Dakota) where is it for that motor? Had high hopes for the Superchips and am still hoping that in the end it is a thumbs up instead of down!

SCT hasn't officially started supporting the '03 to '06 4.7's yet but there are authorized SCT custom tuners that do tune them. You can go through KRC or Air Ram to find them. It's more expensive than Superchips but it is a true custom tune, that why they recommend a wide band A/F data logger to dial it in. The programmer with custom tune support is around $550.00. The wide band A/F gauge with data logging it's around 400.00, + or -, depending on which brand you get, so it' not cheap. PM me if you're interested and I can put you in touch with the guy I'm working with. Sorry, not trying to steal this thread.

Old 11-05-2008, 12:33 PM
paul05dak
Record Breaker

superdak05, any info yet? Get the update?

Quick Reply: superchips update