3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

WARRANTY QUESTIONS...... READ THIS!! (full thread)

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 06:24 PM
Eimer123
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stevenray13
Just a quick question, I just recently bought a used 07 dakota from a kia dealership, it has 55k miles on it, do i still have a factory warranty? and where do i go that will honor said warranty?
If you are the second owner of the vehicle you need to go to any dodge dealership and pay $150 to transfer the remaining warranty to you.

I think the 07 came with a 7 year 70,000 power train warranty.

Any dodge dealership will be able to help you find out that information.

Any dodge dealership will be able to do the repair work after you get the warranty transferred into your name.

Old 02-04-2012, 11:04 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Eimer, no. The 07s came with only a 3yr/36k mile warranty, unless an extended warranty or a lifetime powertrain was purchased. Now if the 2007 truck was bought after June/July 2007 they offered the lifetime powertrain free as an incentive with the 3yr/36k. I don't believe that incentive was transferable. I'm not sure about an extended though. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Old 02-05-2012, 08:21 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

haha this thread was started by frenchy over 5 years ago....that dude was banned.

Old 02-05-2012, 01:13 PM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

That dude was pretty funny, and his truck was nice.

Old 02-05-2012, 01:34 PM
MonkeyWrench4000
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since this terrible thread has been revised, let me just touch on something...

That act was not created to protect the guy who is making major changes to his ride. This act is to keep the aftermarket replacement part business thriving, and allows you to benefit from competition. In no way shape or form will it cover you from making changes to your vehicle. The act was to protect the consumer from being forced to buy OEM replacement parts only, like oil filters, ball joints, etc.

For example, if FRAM makes an oil filter that meets specifications for the OEM filter, this act covers you from saying that the oil filter caused some kind of problem.

It does NOT cover the guy who lifts his truck and then his power steering fails, because that is DIRECTLY related to the failure and is not an OEM equivalent part.

If you put larger tires on your truck, and your automatic tranny fails that is also directly related, and this act will not and should not cover you, because it is not an OEM equivalent part.

If you install a cold air intake and your throttle body gets mucked up, this also will not cover you, and should not cover you, because it is not an OEM replacement part.

This act is to keep the aftermarket replacement part business thriving, and allows you to benefit from competition. In no way shape or form will it cover you from making changes to your vehicle.

In short, if you make a change to your truck that is not a direct OEM replacement part equivalent , you are liable for any damage. That means all aftermarket "performance" parts or "lift" "lowering" parts. Only replacements parts are covered by this act.

Last edited by MonkeyWrench4000; 02-05-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:34 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by stevenray13
Just a quick question, I just recently bought a used 07 dakota from a kia dealership, it has 55k miles on it, do i still have a factory warranty? and where do i go that will honor said warranty?
Steven,

There is no warranty left on your vehicle other than the federal emissions warranty. If you want me to check for any recalls or vehicle restrictions on your truck please PM me the VIN and I will let you know what I find and send you a build sheet.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:06 PM
sdsdsd
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 05 Quad cab came with 3yr/36 K Bumper to bumper, 7yr 70 K power train with $100.00 deductable.
I had my transmission replaced @ 68 K undeer warranty in 2010.

Quick Reply: WARRANTY QUESTIONS...... READ THIS!! (full thread)