3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

High or Low speed bus?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 04:48 AM
tecnomuzik
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flyboy1304
anybody know how much it would cost to get a mygig? I think it would be cool to have... what do you think the possibility of finding one at a junk or wrecker yard would be.... it would prob cost alot from the dealer...
I recently installed a MyGig in my 07 Caliber and I bought the MyGig off eBay for $605 which included shipping. That's just the mygig, I also had to buy the lockpick adapter which was $285.

Old 11-24-2008, 10:52 AM
flyboy1304
Veteran

the issue with the aftermarket for me is the only ones that fit are the flip up dvd and it blocks the ac vents! the my gig plays dvds right

Old 11-24-2008, 11:34 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

No they make one thats not a flip up, its just a smaller screen look... http://www.crutchfield.com/p_105KDNX...l?tp=144&avf=N

Old 11-24-2008, 01:27 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All the 05-07 Dakotas are low speed bus, I do recommend the Lockpick adapter as it makes your life MUCH easier, otherwise you would have to figure out which wires are which and fabricate your own harness (Not sure if you would need any additional circuitry). I got my MyGIG off ebay for $100 shipped, lockpick was $285.

You will need to cut the center bezel out more to fit the MyGIG in, otherwise than that it's plug and play with the adapter. Take your time with the bezel and measure it twice, then you won't need to fix it up after the fact like I need to.

Old 11-24-2008, 01:31 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Altair
All the 05-07 Dakotas are low speed bus, I do recommend the Lockpick adapter as it makes your life MUCH easier, otherwise you would have to figure out which wires are which and fabricate your own harness (Not sure if you would need any additional circuitry). I got my MyGIG off ebay for $100 shipped, lockpick was $285.

You will need to cut the center bezel out more to fit the MyGIG in, otherwise than that it's plug and play with the adapter. Take your time with the bezel and measure it twice, then you won't need to fix it up after the fact like I need to.
What was your famous quotes... "measure twice and cut once, not measure once and cut twice" haha

Old 11-24-2008, 05:00 PM
tecnomuzik

Originally Posted by Altair

I bought a bezel from an 09 Caliber because it had a square hole that lined up with the MyGig, and fit on my 07 Caliber perfectly. I saw on the dodge website the 09 Dakota's use a bezel with a square hole also... any idea if a bezel from an 09 will fit on an 06? I'd rather just buy a new one if I knew it would work, if not, I guess I'll cut my existing bezel.

Quick Reply: High or Low speed bus?