3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Big problem here...

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 03:46 PM
Shibby927
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Big problem here...

Okay so I was at Wal-Mart the other night for just about 5 minutes because my girlfriend was cashing a check and then we went back out to my truck. Started up perfectly fine but all of a sudden all of my warning lights stay illuminated including my passenger airbag off light, and my headlights are on despite the toggle switch being switched off. Also my tach, speedo, and temp guages are not working. The only item I have working on my dash is the radio, and it sounds as though there is no amplification to it.

The dealer wants $80.00 just to scan the damned thing to see what's wrong with it, and it isn't throwing an trouble codes with an OBD reader so it's beginning to look like the dealer is my only option.

Anybody else had this same problem? I have two sixteen hour shifts coming up starting Friday night and I drive about 30 miles each way to work on I-35 so I kind of need to know how fast I am going considering I drive through State trooper heaven on my way to work.

The guy that ran the OBD check on my truck said he thought that it could possibly be the PCM. I am hoping this is not the case.

Old 12-11-2008, 06:35 PM
coondog05
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try pulling the pcm fuse! #21 i think. its marked on the inside of the fuse cover keep it out for a few mins...longer the better ! worth a shot. and when you refire it, remember to let it idle so it relearns itself... good luck!

Old 12-12-2008, 01:25 AM
SilverGhost1
All Star

if you want to see what code is being generated, go to AutoZone to have them pull the code. They charge $0.00.

Old 12-12-2008, 01:21 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

my sc tuner just screwed up my computer, dodge wants 714.00 for a replacement. gets who is going to get that bill?

Old 12-12-2008, 04:54 PM
Shibby927
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have it at the dealer currently. I have to go pick it up in just a few, problem still unresolved. Apparently they aren't getting any communication between their scanner and my truck. They think there might possibly be a bad module or connection somewhere and want more time to work on it. Its now 4:00pm Iowa time, and they close at 5:30. I would let them keep it into tomorrow but my girlfriend has to have her car as she is going out of town so it looks like I'll be driving my totally unsafe, no functioning electronics, no speedo, brakelights on when I drive pickup all the way to work on the interstate. Oh and my registration is past due so I might as well paint a bullseye on my truck for troopers to come pull me over.

They have only done one hour of work with it so far and I took it to the dealer at around 9:00am. I absolutely hate dealerships, and if there were so many damned fuses, relays, and modules involved with new cars nowadays I wouldn't have to be dealing with this crap.

Old 12-12-2008, 05:02 PM
superdak05
Champion

at least your truck runs, mine is a dead door nail

Old 12-12-2008, 06:24 PM
eaglestorm
Professional

disconnedt the battery for a couple min the see if everything works . sometimes you just have to reboot everything

Old 12-12-2008, 08:35 PM
superdak05
Champion

theres no rebooting my system. the tuner locked me out of the truck. it enabled the security system. it needs to be reflashed again. everytime i go to read the dtc codes. it gives me no ignition detected.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:56 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

It sure does sound like the PCM, I agree, pull the PCM fuse for a few minutes to reset. You might get lucky...

And Superdak, who you gonna send that bill to? SC's warranty and policy clearly state that the units "canned tunes" are designed for an unmodded vehicle. I feel for you buddy, but you'll be wasting your time going after SC. You may want to choose the old "catch more bees with honey than with vinegar" addage on them. You may be surprised how far over & above they may go to help you...

Quick Reply: Big problem here...