3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

YAY!!! for warranty!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 01:28 PM
LoCatus
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still a good read tho. Kinda makes me wonder just what Sawfish was looking for when he found it. ROFL!

Old 08-27-2013, 09:30 AM
sdsdsd
Captain

These trucks ended up being $30K pieces of crap! Dodge should be shot for this inferior product. Who ever heard of having all these priblems with a truck @ 10K miles!!!

Old 08-27-2013, 05:25 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by sdsdsd
These trucks ended up being $30K pieces of crap! Dodge should be shot for this inferior product. Who ever heard of having all these priblems with a truck @ 10K miles!!!
I kinda agree to a point. They should have just discontinued them after the 2nd gen instead of building a weak 3rd gen. That being said, I did not suffer any undue problems with mine. It is a proven fact that some of these trucks truly are POS's from the factory. Others seem to do pretty well.

Old 08-28-2013, 07:43 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

There are Monday and Friday trucks, as others have said, but overall they are good. The only common complaint, as long as you do regular maintenance and upkeep, is the front end parts.

The later models supposedly improved... 2010 model year Dakotas were recently rated 2nd best in used (small/medium) truck reliability by JD Power and Associates, only slightly behind the Ford Ranger. They were even ahead of the Honda Ridgeline, Nissan Frontier, and Toyota Tacoma.

Last edited by jasonw; 08-28-2013 at 07:46 PM.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:16 AM
BigHornToad
Amateur

Originally Posted by jasonw
There are Monday and Friday trucks, as others have said, but overall they are good. The only common complaint, as long as you do regular maintenance and upkeep, is the front end parts.

The later models supposedly improved... 2010 model year Dakotas were recently rated 2nd best in used (small/medium) truck reliability by JD Power and Associates, only slightly behind the Ford Ranger. They were even ahead of the Honda Ridgeline, Nissan Frontier, and Toyota Tacoma.
Now that's good to hear since I chose Dodge errr, Ram over those exact choices! Was considering a Titan but I already got a gas hog in the Hemi WK and then read about all the differential problems of the Titan and came to my senses. Just got 20k on the Dak now so I don't expect to do front end work soon other than the small level kit and struts.

Quick Reply: YAY!!! for warranty!