3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Lifting a Dakota with dual spacers

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 10:45 PM
mprohr
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I'm right in saying this. Due to suspension geometry, a 2" block would actually raise it approx. 2.75". I think the TM spacers are only 1.5" thick, but claim a 2" lift. From all I've read, going more than the TM lift on a 4x4 will kill the CV joints fast.

Old 02-08-2009, 11:13 PM
dakolorado
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks mprohr,

I know that the spacer that tm used to use inside the spring/strut setup and its a small spacer. I wanted to try and use two of those one on top and one on bottom, I am sure that tm has done the research and I figure I will just buy their kit and call it good. Just really frustrated with the aftermarket for these trucks.

Old 02-08-2009, 11:37 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dakolorado
Thanks mprohr,

I know that the spacer that tm used to use inside the spring/strut setup and its a small spacer. I wanted to try and use two of those one on top and one on bottom, I am sure that tm has done the research and I figure I will just buy their kit and call it good. Just really frustrated with the aftermarket for these trucks.
There is a 3rd gen dak on CarDomain that had a decent size suspension lift on it at one point....

Edit: Found it, it was made by Chassis-Tech and his posts about it are dated '05 so it seems they never released the kit. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2115892

Last edited by Altair; 02-08-2009 at 11:42 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:28 AM
dakolorado
Professional

Originally Posted by Altair
There is a 3rd gen dak on CarDomain that had a decent size suspension lift on it at one point....

Edit: Found it, it was made by Chassis-Tech and his posts about it are dated '05 so it seems they never released the kit. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2115892

Here is a slew of parts to raise our daks 4 inches. I know there has been a lot fo bad press on past lifts from these guys but I am looking at strictly the control arms for lift. No cradles or any of that. Just control arms springs and of course new cv drive lines.

EDIT: Forgot links, http://streetridepro.com/advanced_se...1&inc_subcat=1

Last edited by dakolorado; 02-09-2009 at 01:32 AM.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:19 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dakolorado
Here is a slew of parts to raise our daks 4 inches. I know there has been a lot fo bad press on past lifts from these guys but I am looking at strictly the control arms for lift. No cradles or any of that. Just control arms springs and of course new cv drive lines.

EDIT: Forgot links, http://streetridepro.com/advanced_se...1&inc_subcat=1
Honestly I just typed Chassis Tech into google, after reading a few threads it brought up I wouldn't ever do business with these people. Horror story after horror story about their parts whether it's for lifting or lowering it seems

If you're willing to risk it they might work well who knows just look around about them first, make sure you know what you're getting into.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:27 AM
projektdirtfab
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

or......you could start saving now and wait until my top secret long travel kit that im not supposed to be talking about is finished than do that

Old 02-12-2009, 03:10 PM
NJJer
Veteran

Originally Posted by beadrunner
. NJJer
how tall did you make your blocks. I,m gonna make mine next week. I was wondering will a 2" block raise it 2" or will it raise it more. I would like to have 2.5" of lift
A quick look at the truck and some notes I made, I think the front spacers are 2.25" thick or so. Maybe .25" more. Pretty sure 2.25 though

Old 02-12-2009, 04:49 PM
MonkeyWrench4000
Record Breaker

You CAN combine two leveling kits, IF you have a 2WD dakota. It has been done on this site, successfully. I don't know who it was but he has a black dakota and a black neon. He combined the trailmaster leveling kit, inside the strut, with another leveling kit that mounts on top of the strut assembly, like the Rough Country 2.5" leveling kit for our truck. He got a total of about 4" of lift. And he installed 2" axle blocks in the rear. He has 2WD though.

I think the streetridepro.com is actually AIM Industries, under a new name, because they were so bad, that they had to change there name to stay in business.

That said, I wish SOMEONE would buy one of there kits. But i hear returns cannot be done, and that instructions or customer service are non-existant. BUT if you know what your doing, and the part is quality, it will work right?

Old 02-12-2009, 10:09 PM
dakolorado
Professional

I know all about chassis tech, they are not reliable and have caused a lot of problems with guys on other forums. Like I said this is my 3rd dakota. I am not new to these trucks. I think I am looking to go 2-2.5 inches in the front. I need to do some cv driveshaft measuring to make sure there is clearance but I think this is the most we can go on our trucks.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:34 AM
MonkeyWrench4000
Record Breaker

Your right.

To be honest though, I don't think anyone has been able to lift the front more then 1.5"-1.75" with a 4x4. It's almost not worth it.

Quick Reply: Lifting a Dakota with dual spacers