3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Parts and accessories

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 10:46 PM
schmeadley62
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts and accessories

You know I have a 2006 Dakota TRX4 quad cab and I love my truck, but I am so frustrated trying to find things like aftermarket shocks, polyurethane bushings any kind of lift etc, etc, etc.... They just don't make any fun stuff for our Dakota's!!! You can buy anything for a Ford, Nissan,Toyota, Chevy even a Dodge Ram but a Dakota nah nothing. I would love to fix my truck like the MX Warrior. Come on guys make some parts for these things these are great trucks. I hope they do if not I am going to Toyota and I have never bought anything but American my whole life other than a used 87 Supra that I never even registered. Sorry people I don't mean to go off I am just frustrated because I like to modify and I can't.

Old 02-13-2009, 10:54 PM
snipingdude
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah man I know what you mean. But dont lose hope...Our trucks a re great project trucks if you really want to "modify" it. By that I mean without anything bolt-on lol...

They do have a leveling kit and shocks from Rancho and Monroe, and superchips has a tuner out for our trucks, a few companies make hoods, and obviously the easy things like a bolt-on exhaust, and all the exterior stuff (bullbars, visors, grilles, tail covers, headlights etc etc)..its the stuff we want we dont have lol...But i think its going to pick up soon...

Your gonna have to go custom or fab things yourself here....and for engine work your gonna have to rip your leg off to get parts for our 4.7's

Ask a couple guys here they've done some stuff,
Eric made a custom scoop, eventually will be functional, a few people have made their own sub-boxes, custom exhausts and custom intakes...Like you wanted though was the lifts lol, Im not sure who has worked on them yet? NJJer maybe I forget, I've just recently been in contact with him in the forum lol.

But all I can say my truck is doing what I need it to do, without much trouble and it gives me ideas on "what can I do for my truck", still hauls and still smokes a few cars here and there lol

oh and if you do choose to leave dont go toyota, get the 2009 Dodge Ram, wayyyy better

Oh and welcome to the forum if you havent gotten a welcome yet lol...Theres a whole bunch stickys at the top that should help get you started if you havent read them yet.

Last edited by snipingdude; 02-13-2009 at 11:50 PM.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:23 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out this thread for quick shock info, there's also a link to a long thread on shocks in there: https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...rt-number.html

No "lifts" per se but you can get a little under 2" in the front to level it out with a leveling kit such as the Trailmaster DL223. So far nobody has combined multiple kits on a 4wd but it has been done with the 2wd models. Dakolorado has been looking into whether this is possible on a 4x4 without causing CV issues: https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...l-spacers.html

Old 02-14-2009, 12:10 PM
dakolorado
Professional

I just ordered a 2 inch lift frim CCM offroad. it bolts above the strut assembly. It will level the truck and allow 32" tires to be run on stock rims. This is the route I am now going and will get me by for now. The 4WD are limited to 2 inches for actual 4x4 use. you can go taller but risk cv shafts and usability on the highway.

Old 02-14-2009, 04:42 PM
MonkeyWrench4000
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If your looking for more, consider 1" axle blocks for the rear, to get the rear lifted a bit in conjuction with the leveling kit. Its a 30min DIY job, and its safe and simple. $20 in parts.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:38 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I hear ya man... dont lose hope. Someday we will have the fun if the Aftermarket Ppl listen!

Old 02-14-2009, 10:42 PM
dakolorado
Professional

Originally Posted by MonkeyWrench4000
If your looking for more, consider 1" axle blocks for the rear, to get the rear lifted a bit in conjuction with the leveling kit. Its a 30min DIY job, and its safe and simple. $20 in parts.
Right on. (thumbsup) Dodge ram has the same 3.5 inch rear 9.25Chry axles and so therefore a round ubolt kit for a dodge ram pickup 1500 will work on our trucks. Rough Country sells a 2 inch for 50 bucks shipped. I will be doing 2 in the front and 2 in the rear for a full 2 inch lift kit. Shocks will be done later because I dont have the cash but I wll have before and after pics.

Quick Reply: Parts and accessories