3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

newb from canada

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009 | 06:21 AM
TJ_HOOKER
|
Default newb from canada

hey what's up y'all. just got an 08 6cyl dakota, looking at forums to help me thru some of the stuff i wanna do.

so far, i have fabbed up a k and n cold air intake from my 5.7 hemi jeep i just sold, exhaust is next, followed by wheels. sub, amp, and door speakers are done, but using the factory deck till my free sirius subscription runs out.

been a jeep guy for a number of years, and am looking forward to something new.

cheers

Jeff

Old 02-16-2009 | 08:53 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Welcome to DF Jeff. We got plenty of Dak guys here with lots of experience that can help. I'll move your thread over to the Dak section for you.

Old 02-16-2009 | 10:45 AM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker

welcome... !!

Old 02-16-2009 | 10:58 AM
mprohr
All Star

TJ Hooker??? Why not Captain Kirk, or Denny Crane? I think William Shattner is hilarious, no matter what George Takai says....Welcome.

Old 02-16-2009 | 11:48 AM
TJ_HOOKER
|

Originally Posted by mprohr
TJ Hooker??? Why not Captain Kirk, or Denny Crane? I think William Shattner is hilarious, no matter what George Takai says....Welcome.

long story short, my first jeep was a TJ, and it was always dirty, and when i broke stuff on it, i had some choice words i called her. that and shatner is the man.

thanx for the warm welcome guys.

Old 02-16-2009 | 12:26 PM
dakolorado
Professional

TJ_Hooker, welcome to the forum. I too am a Jeep guy. You can check my albums for a pic of my last wrangler. I had a 2004 TJ and a 2008 JK Rubicon Unlimited. I downgraded to the dakota because these are also my favorite trucks. This is my third. I feel your pain with the Jeeps. I miss them so bad but my family and other things have to come first.

What you are going to see here is very few lift parts but plenty of stereo options. 32's are the best you will do on our trucks without rubbing and body damage if you wheel it. You could do 33's with lots of trimming and 2 inch lift. Body lifts are also available but I have already been that route and feel it doesnt look its best. Compared to other trucks dakota with body lifts are not bad but I still have my reservations.

Old 02-16-2009 | 01:33 PM
SilverGhost1
All Star

Welcome to the Forum. If you see Heather Locklear or Adrian Zmed, please tell them hi for me.

JK...great handle for the forum. And you are correct, Shatner is the man!

Old 02-16-2009 | 03:18 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator

Welcome to DF Tj

Old 02-16-2009 | 06:47 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

Welcome to DF!

Old 02-16-2009 | 06:52 PM
TJ_HOOKER
|

Originally Posted by dakolorado
TJ_Hooker, welcome to the forum. I too am a Jeep guy. You can check my albums for a pic of my last wrangler. I had a 2004 TJ and a 2008 JK Rubicon Unlimited. I downgraded to the dakota because these are also my favorite trucks. This is my third. I feel your pain with the Jeeps. I miss them so bad but my family and other things have to come first.

What you are going to see here is very few lift parts but plenty of stereo options. 32's are the best you will do on our trucks without rubbing and body damage if you wheel it. You could do 33's with lots of trimming and 2 inch lift. Body lifts are also available but I have already been that route and feel it doesnt look its best. Compared to other trucks dakota with body lifts are not bad but I still have my reservations.

right on man. my last one was a hemi grand cherokee, but, one too many pulls at the track, and the tranny fell out of it. i've had more jeeps than i can count, fav's were the cj 7's, but my best build was a 99 tj, with a spring over leaf setup in the rear, and 8" coils in the front on a long arm. my wife drives a new rubicon, which will see 37's soon, as well as manual locking hubs in the front, on a long arm.

this dak is just for driving, and stereo of course. hope to be on 20's, but nice and clean, no rice. roll pan is about as far as i'd go body wise. if i had my choice right now, it'd be on bags, flat black with red 20" rims. but we'll see where i get with it being all white. i'm thinking a clear coat that looks like it's always covered in frost.

but for now, just liking all the reading this site is offering me.

cheers

Quick Reply: newb from canada