3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

supercharger help

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 11:35 PM
mopar!
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default supercharger help

ok so im looking into a supercharger for the 4.7
i know they don't make one specifically for our type of dakota, but will a kenne bell supercharger from a jeep 4.7 work? its the same engine, so what could go wrong? please any input would be great because this is only an idea of mine

Old 02-20-2009, 07:27 AM
Racinartist
All Star

Originally Posted by mopar!
so what could go wrong?
Loud noises and lotsa' tiny parts.

Old 02-20-2009, 08:11 AM
snipingdude
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Racinartist
Loud noises and lotsa' tiny parts.
lol at that....or you can look for a paxton kit that they did make for the 4.7 00'-06' Dakota....KRC doesnt sell them anymore...orrr you can wait for AiRam to get his project done aligning the pullies for the Eaton M112 Cobra supercharger he's doing for the 4.7L...

http://www.airram.com/custompage.php?page=18#9 theres a pic at the top and bottom of the supercharger....and well everything else you need is in between

Alot could go wrong without the right insides i.e. pistons, arms, rods, fuel, etc etc...(like if your really mean things are bad, BUT if your really nice inside things usually go good?) LOL

Old 02-20-2009, 08:13 AM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

get intouch with marty at www.krcperformance.com even though he does not offer them any more, he may still have all the components you need and the software for the pcm

Old 02-20-2009, 10:13 AM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker

X2 Eric.. the hardest part is tuning our PCMs.. if you find a tuner who will use piggy backs go right ahead but they do not make a tuner available to tune a turbo or a SC

Old 02-20-2009, 10:27 AM
snipingdude
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BAdassR/T
X2 Eric.. the hardest part is tuning our PCMs.. if you find a tuner who will use piggy backs go right ahead but they do not make a tuner available to tune a turbo or a SC
X3 guys....i was mentioning to Eric that this place up in North Jersey Cartek, i was talking to them and they said they're actually waiting for hard tunes for our specific engines..im gonna get back in contact because they said they can get any custom tune you need, whether it be turbo, s/c , nos, w/e

Old 02-20-2009, 04:27 PM
projektdirtfab
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

megasquirt FTW!
they have DIY kits and can run ANY fuel injected engine. and you can program your maps for fuel curves and timing and everything else. my buddy runs this on his scca miata, and that thing runs nicer than some of these factory cars coming out of the dealership.

Quick Reply: supercharger help