3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

GREAT performance mod for V6!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 01:45 PM
cramerica
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hemi swap! Hemi swap! Hemi and a G56 or G238! And gears!

A V6 Dakota will never be quick. That's what my Kawi EX500 is for

Old 02-26-2009, 01:57 PM
donkeypunch
King Jackass
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gvillefloridar1
I had a bulit up 454 in my el camino and that would smoke just about anything on this forum... ( maybe not a viper) but just about anything else... so I wouldnt talk smack about that motor....

...considering my post, if you re-read it, you will notice I was referring to a stock engine. Any engine that has had special attention and good components has the ability to make good power. If I was talking "smack" about all 454s, I would have said....the 454 by chevrolet is junk. So........if I were you, I would make sure you read the post before hand. Also, you may want to consider your claim of "smokes anything on this forum...except a viper". Well...in my other car, I have yanked an RT/10 (stock, with a good driver) at the track by 8 tenths...but I don't go around claiming my 4 popper is faster than any car on this forum....that would be pure ignorance. I am sure that there are a few members that have dragsters, super gas cars, etc. Maybe you should re-think your claim...

I have been in the drag racing industry for a while now, and I appreciate any car that has had a considerable amount of attention, and any car from the factory that gets out of its own way. If it is built well, and makes power, cool. However, I can talk smack about the factory 454 in the GM trucks in the mid 90s. I would rather get a 350 vortec before I got a 454 in a GM truck.

Last edited by donkeypunch; 02-26-2009 at 02:04 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:11 PM
donkeypunch
King Jackass

Originally Posted by cramerica

Haha...agreed. My 3.7L of fury will get an intake, exhaust, electric fan, an LSD, 4.10s....and it will still be slow.

Thats what my Talon is for....

Old 02-28-2009, 01:22 AM
gvillefloridar1
Rookie

Originally Posted by cramerica

ex500? cooooooooome on man... my dakota is faster than that! Get on a R1 and feel some REAL speed.... Ride safe man

Old 02-28-2009, 01:29 AM
gvillefloridar1
Rookie

Originally Posted by donkeypunch
...considering my post, if you re-read it, you will notice I was referring to a stock engine. Any engine that has had special attention and good components has the ability to make good power. If I was talking "smack" about all 454s, I would have said....the 454 by chevrolet is junk. So........if I were you, I would make sure you read the post before hand. Also, you may want to consider your claim of "smokes anything on this forum...except a viper". Well...in my other car, I have yanked an RT/10 (stock, with a good driver) at the track by 8 tenths...but I don't go around claiming my 4 popper is faster than any car on this forum....that would be pure ignorance. I am sure that there are a few members that have dragsters, super gas cars, etc. Maybe you should re-think your claim...

I have been in the drag racing industry for a while now, and I appreciate any car that has had a considerable amount of attention, and any car from the factory that gets out of its own way. If it is built well, and makes power, cool. However, I can talk smack about the factory 454 in the GM trucks in the mid 90s. I would rather get a 350 vortec before I got a 454 in a GM truck.

wow... i think i have ran into my first dodge forum douche. Chill out man... if you "re read" my post you will see I am referring to your prior post witch nothing was said was said about dragsters,super gas etc.... Now maybe I should have included those in my list of " maybe not a viper".... and I did say "most" witch implies there are some it would not such as "dragsters, super gas cars, etc." So stop being a douche and trying to seem like a cool guy. your not.

Last edited by gvillefloridar1; 02-28-2009 at 01:34 AM.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:11 AM
mikeybiker
Rookie

Can't we all be friends?.......My 3.7 is slow compaired to my R1 and '92 talon. But i love all three of them

Old 02-28-2009, 04:02 PM
donkeypunch
King Jackass

Originally Posted by gvillefloridar1
wow... i think i have ran into my first dodge forum douche. Chill out man... if you "re read" my post you will see I am referring to your prior post witch nothing was said was said about dragsters,super gas etc.... Now maybe I should have included those in my list of " maybe not a viper".... and I did say "most" witch implies there are some it would not such as "dragsters, super gas cars, etc." So stop being a douche and trying to seem like a cool guy. your not.
Alright...no worries bud. But if you have to understand, if you make a post like you did, you are going to offend someone. And there is no need for name calling, unless you are still in grade school.

Maybe we got off to the wrong start, don't contradict yourself, and no one will call you out on it. That rule typically goes for everyone...including me. And I'm not cool by the way, just have experience.

Quick Reply: GREAT performance mod for V6!!