3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

removing a mopar under the rail bedliner for cleaning?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 05:38 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine was $340 over the rails for Rhino liner, expensive but well worth it, the stuff is pretty much indestructible, looks great, and very easy to clean. The guy gave me a deal on it, told me if I was flexible on the schedule and could bring it in to fill a schedule hole for him when someone cancelled he'd discount the price for me. I don't think I'd ever get a truck without having it sprayed now.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:03 PM
Damn Dirty Ape
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that's not too bad, of course YMMV kind of a thing-- I'm quite sure the liner has rubbed paint off in more than a few places; how was your bed and did they do anything for those raw areas?

Old 03-31-2009, 09:02 AM
flamered06
Rookie

Got any pics of your Rhino lining Altair? I'm trying to decide between a spray in and bedrug.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:44 AM
Altair
Dak attack!

Originally Posted by flamered06
Got any pics of your Rhino lining Altair? I'm trying to decide between a spray in and bedrug.
Actually that's one thing I keep forgetting to take pics of. I'll try to get some for you tomorrow, it's pretty crappy outside today.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:03 PM
01dodge
Rookie

My Hurrculiner was around $120 with the brush and roller. I had some masking tape I used on the tail gate. Just took my time to do it correct.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:27 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

Well my iPhone decided it didn't want to work anymore last night and my camera battery is dead. Plugged the camera in, by the time it charges it'll be dark but maybe the sun will peek out and I can get a pic for you tomorrow.

Old 03-31-2009, 07:13 PM
Damn Dirty Ape
Professional

Originally Posted by Altair
Well my iPhone decided it didn't want to work anymore last night and my camera battery is dead. Plugged the camera in, by the time it charges it'll be dark but maybe the sun will peek out and I can get a pic for you tomorrow.

wouldn't mind seeing it myself..

Old 04-01-2009, 08:52 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

As promised Took them earlier today but forgot to upload them till a little bit ago. I'm just going to put a couple here, you can see the rest along with some other pics I took in the thread I made: https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...6k-beware.html

RhinoLiner-wettruck009.jpg

RhinoLiner-wettruck005.jpg

Old 04-02-2009, 10:27 AM
ahicks
Rookie

Originally Posted by flamered06
Is the bedrug a rubber mat? I had one of those, a fairly heavy one, but stopped using it because the local carwash blowers would blow it right out of the back of the truck on occasion! Wouldn't be as big a deal as it was if it didn't cover you with black marks everywhere you touched it putting it back in.... Finally had enough. It it weren't for that problem, I liked it. Everything would stay put without sliding around. I even tried screwing it down in each corner trying to make it work. If you try that, don't try driving a snowmobile with carbides on it across it. They'll grab and fold the mat up ahead of them (pulling your screws through in the process) . That was the only other problem I had with it. FWIW

Old 04-02-2009, 10:48 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I have rubber mat in my bed and it stay put. I dont recall the brand or who made it, but the local performance shop where I bought it told me, its been the best one he has sold, and everyone who has bought one liked it. It has held its place and hasnt rolled or come up yet. I am happy with it, Ill check out who its made by when I get off work... The mat fits very tight in the bed

Quick Reply: removing a mopar under the rail bedliner for cleaning?