3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Chrysler Filing For Bankruptcy

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 10:49 AM
baracis
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Chrysler Filing For Bankruptcy

http://money.cnn.com/2009/04/30/news...ion=2009043009

Oh and "The Cars That Wrecked Chrysler"...I guess CNN is the automotive pro...maybe they should have told Chrysler they were dumb a few years ago..

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2009/...ble/index.html

Old 04-30-2009, 12:03 PM
jimboscomp
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

today is a sad day....

Old 04-30-2009, 12:04 PM
jimboscomp
All Star

and CNN can kiss my butt...biased freaks

Old 04-30-2009, 12:20 PM
jmz768

This is a great day for Chrysler. They have a partnership with a company (Fiat) that already has a great line of fuel efficient vehicles that are very popular and will sell well over here. They also have Obama's support and he has authorized the release of billions more in loan money. This was necessary because of the greedy bond holders and hedge funds who weren't willing to renegotiate. Those hold outs are now going to see less than they would have. They played their hand and Obama called their bluff.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:10 PM
baracis
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chrysler is trading 6.9 billion in debt for 2 billion in cash...sounds like a good deal to me. Hopefully Fiat will help Chrysler out.

Old 04-30-2009, 02:57 PM
SilverGhost1
All Star

I think this is a great thing for Chrysler. It gives Chrysler more options and a larger selling market. Also, Fiat is not the same Fiat our Mom's and Dad's are familiar with. They are a VERY reputable automaker now and will bring a new light to the US car industry.

Old 04-30-2009, 03:24 PM
cramerica
Record Breaker

This is good for Chrysler. Fiat makes some cool cars that would be nice to see in America. Espically now that Ford is importing their very highly regarded Euro models. I think the Fiesta is going to be a hit. If the Euro Focus makes it over here, same with that. Chrysler makes cool cars, but they all have SRT in the name and don't always appeal to average buyers.

And as for the CNN piece, I'd say they got it pretty right. I've driven a Caliber and it's honestly the worst new car I've ever been in. The Nitro is ugly as sin. The Sebring has long been known as underwhelming and completely unremarkable. The Commander is a beast, but another example of classic Chrysler bad timing. The LX platform doesn't deserve quite the bashing it got, but still. I agree with most of it.

And they give props to the Ram.

Old 04-30-2009, 04:48 PM
SilverGhost1
All Star

Originally Posted by cramerica
This is good for Chrysler. Fiat makes some cool cars that would be nice to see in America. Espically now that Ford is importing their very highly regarded Euro models. I think the Fiesta is going to be a hit. If the Euro Focus makes it over here, same with that. Chrysler makes cool cars, but they all have SRT in the name and don't always appeal to average buyers.

And as for the CNN piece, I'd say they got it pretty right. I've driven a Caliber and it's honestly the worst new car I've ever been in. The Nitro is ugly as sin. The Sebring has long been known as underwhelming and completely unremarkable. The Commander is a beast, but another example of classic Chrysler bad timing. The LX platform doesn't deserve quite the bashing it got, but still. I agree with most of it.

And they give props to the Ram.
I completely agree with you. Fiat is making very cool small cars that should be here. Check out their site; http://www.fiat.com/cgi-bin/pbrand.d...ID=-1073761346

The Grande Punto 3dr and the Bravo are my favorite. Whatever they decide to sell over here, Fiat has agreed for some to be branded as Chrysler or Dodge.

This is a needed shock to the system for the Automakers. They have over indulged and have over spent for way to long.

Old 04-30-2009, 05:36 PM
graythang
Record Breaker

As I see it Chrysler designs have always appealed to me because they where almost always outside of the box. I hate what I see from the Asian companies. They all have this look of a toy and a bubble and dying for a key to wind them up sticking out the rear bumper. Liberal toys that we drop thousands of US hard earned money on to pretend to be trendy and green. I hate it when I see a forging vehicle with an American flag sticker on it. I'm proud to be an American but I’ll be glade to drop my 20k on your good and services. Chrysler I believed was going in the right direction when the so called merger with Daimler that was actually a slimy takeover. That was the real dismay of Chrysler. I thought we where going to see Benz type engineering and styling on most of the line and it turned out to be a scam. I thing the Sebring is a good looking car. Looks far better then an Accord or a Camry IMO. Yes some of Chryslers Interiors started to look and feel cheap. You can thank Daimler for that cold German interior. Its there “metro” look that is harsh and cold looking. May Chrysler live and come back to life stronger then ever but if it turns out to be just another toy car business then it can go into the history books for all I care.

Last edited by graythang; 04-30-2009 at 05:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Chrysler Filing For Bankruptcy