3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

so i went muddin

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 07:02 AM
Night_Runner
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so i went muddin

Old 05-07-2009, 07:14 AM
paul05dak
Record Breaker

and that is why you should never go out alone! Any damage? How long did it take to clean her up? that does look like fun, looking to do something like that here also. (and hopfully be doing the pulling out instead of getting pulled out!)

Old 05-07-2009, 07:16 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

lol i was fine until i found the freakin grand canyon. we probably went 2 miles on this road until i got stuck and this is by far one of the "easy" parts. i came out of some mush just below on the left. tried to go right and the road is on a bit of a slant. it sucked me right in. i have toyo open country a/t's and they are very bald. had they had tred im sure i would have plowed right by it and not get sucked in. anyway my bumper is what was holdin me up. left tire was hangin free. no traction on any other tire. my buddy in the rover behind me couldnt drive by me, he started to get sucked in and he would have hit me had he tried much longer. anyway he got stuck in the ruts i drove right thru and tried to get out and just made it worse. he was hangin on his axle. we had a come along, but we could only move it 4 feet at a time. i wasnt goin anywhere with it, and either was he. just too much weight. we left about 9 (we were out in bum ****ing nowhere) went back today (well yesterday, wednesday). i have some buddies with a 12" lifted bronco and some 38s and a silverado with 36s and i got pulled right out without damaging anything. i was really surprised. the rover came right out. **** it was so bad today that silverado got stuck further down a little bit. the bronco died while tryin to get it out. i drove up on the other side of the road (it wasnt bad on the other side) gave him a jump and was able to squeek out barely).. it really sucked today because it rained more last night. anyway, some *** hole found my truck and did this

they stole my gps, radar, antenna, and a pair of oakleys. they had to be ****in stupid because they left a lot of other ****. we thought about campin out, but figured it was going to rain as it did and by the time we got back they would be ok. guess we were wrong. nothin happened to the rover. and fyi, that rear shot above doesnt do the crevasse justice. after we got the truck out, i stood in it and ground level came mid stomach on me. im only 5'5" though
edit*
i filed a police report. i figure i can take that to my insurance so i should have no problems for the window and gettin some $ to replace my stuff. i didnt realize my antenna or oakleys were gone when i filed the initial report but they told me it would be ready for me to pick up this afternoon or friday afternoon. i figure ill call them today and see if i can get it added to the report.

Last edited by Night_Runner; 05-07-2009 at 07:29 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:35 AM
paul05dak
Record Breaker

dam, talk about kicking someone when their down. Breaking into a vehicle when it's stuck. What dirtbags.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:50 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Looks like fun and I think that's the dirtiest I have seen your truck!

On a side note, I hope things work out with that window and whatnot! I have had it happed to me once on my old 1st gen dak at a mall. Althought they try prying the one back window open. I think when the glass popped it sounded like a gun going off and they didnt want ppl seeing them cause nothing was gone sub box or anything. They were kinda dumbasses though cause the rear window was open... lol

Old 05-07-2009, 08:57 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

i forgot to post this. last night after i left the car wash i was driving and felt a shudder at higher speeds. it started around 55-60. i thought to myself (maybe some mud is caked on the inside of my wheel and is throwing the wheel balance off) so i went back to the car wash and got it as best as i could. there is still some caked in there. i drove and didnt feel the shake until about 70. slowed down, felt it again around 60. slowed down and it came back at higher speeds. its finals week (i know, only 2 left but i had to blow some steam and relax, thats why i went muddin in the first place). either way, im wondering if my alignment might be off (i suppose it very easily could be) but could my theory also be right? i dont have time until tomorrow evening to jack it up and take the wheels off and give them a good scrub then try it again.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:07 AM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

are those gunshot holes in the window? or did someone take a metal pole and poke through it. the money you have invested in the truck, i would have camped out. could have come back and found the truck on fire or missing. thats why i made my truck a pavement pounder. the only wheelin i do is in the winter time. to much money invested to start breaking stuff. or getting stuck

Old 05-07-2009, 09:08 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator

Oh yeah it could be mud, hell I have had snow do it too...

Old 05-07-2009, 09:33 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

Originally Posted by superdak05
are those gunshot holes in the window? or did someone take a metal pole and poke through it. the money you have invested in the truck, i would have camped out. could have come back and found the truck on fire or missing. thats why i made my truck a pavement pounder. the only wheelin i do is in the winter time. to much money invested to start breaking stuff. or getting stuck
well the deal is i had a final in the morning. so it was camp out and leave at 6am or go home, study a lil, go to bed, take my final, then go back out. i left around 9-930pm and was back at 1130am. and if someone caught it on fire, great i get a new truck. thanks insurance. i really dont go in the mud a whole lot, maybe 4 times since i got this truck in late 06.

and they stabbed my window with a screw driver or something a bunch of times before punching a hole and unlocking my door. the tint held my window together (and made it easy for me to take out/clean up) they did put a dent in the top of my roof and the top of my door frame a little smaller than a quarter.

Last edited by Night_Runner; 05-07-2009 at 09:36 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:27 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator

That trail must be well traveled?

Quick Reply: so i went muddin