3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

05 v8 tranny filter change anybody do one

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 08:00 PM
projektdirtfab
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

well i have a 2wd 06 v8 and i had to drop the member as well...but for 189!!! and labor. did it yourself if you know how.

Old 05-15-2009, 01:12 AM
studlyblueiz
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just did mine Wednesday and my crossmember was snug in the frame. Rather than dealin with it being a pain to force back up I just took off the four bolts to the tranny mounts and jacked the tranny up some to get to the pan bolts above the member. For the work though, if you could get it done for $100 bucks that's a steal.

Old 05-18-2009, 05:04 PM
kzguns
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by studlyblueiz
I just did mine Wednesday and my crossmember was snug in the frame. Rather than dealin with it being a pain to force back up I just took off the four bolts to the tranny mounts and jacked the tranny up some to get to the pan bolts above the member. For the work though, if you could get it done for $100 bucks that's a steal.
Got it done sat. and thats exacty what i did and it was a peice of cake once i did that.

Thanks for all the help.

Old 05-18-2009, 05:09 PM
Blown287
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by studlyblueiz
That is awesome advice, I will use it next time I change mine.

Quick Reply: 05 v8 tranny filter change anybody do one