3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Doetsch Suspension Lift Kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 11:24 AM
05RedDak
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension Lifts...

OK, new here to the forum- just purchased my '05 Dak two months ago from a dealer who had it as his demo vehicle (only had 34,000 on it and in immaculate cond.) I am pretty much a MOPAR or no car (currnetly '96 Intrepid, '05 Pacifica, '05 Dakota) anyways, I'm wondering why with this AWESOME truck being out for about 5 years now, NO ONE is making hardly anything for it??!

I have searched all over the internet and am coming up with very little as far as any serious aftermarket items for it. Ya there are one or two things here and there for the 3rd Gens but nothing like I would have hoped for... What is the deal? The new Ram's have TONS of stuff like the same year they came out but the Dak? 5 years and a handful of nothing really?

I find it extremely hard to believe that in 5 years no-one that on's a 3rd gen Dak has not contacted or inquired about suspension lifts to the point where aftermarket Co's have said "HMmmmmm, maybe we could make some good money here?" Please help... I am looking for 3-5" suspension lift and associated hardware to do it properly. Any info/idea's greatly appreciated! Thanks ALL.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:48 AM
baracis
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're **** outta luck like the rest of us with a 4x4.

Old 05-30-2009, 01:39 PM
cramerica
Record Breaker

I sense the parts are coming...slowly. Not very many 3g Dakotas sold every year, and 5 years later, there are finally enough on the roads to make it worth selling parts.

When a new Ram comes out, it's given that there will be a ton sold and people hungry for parts. No such excitement surrounding the launch of the 05 Dakota, ya know?

Old 05-30-2009, 01:44 PM
cramerica
Record Breaker

Also, note that the 2g Dakota 3/2 lift requires non-stock wheels. Be nice to avoid that with the 3g kit.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:26 AM
tankmechus
Rookie

OK, guys, here's my quandry with a lift for our trucks. I have an 05 DAK Quad Cab 4x4, and have been toying with the idea of lifting it for awhile. I love the idea of a suspension lift. I have already installed the Rancho shocks and struts, and the TM front leveling kit. I have been thinking about the Perfomance Suspensions 3" body lift, but then I think of all the other things I would want to change if I did install it. 1st- our trucks are underpowered (IMO). Adding a lift would make me want to install 285/75-16's on the truck to complete the look. My ST wheels are only 7" wide, and would require new wheels to fit the 285s. 2nd- my rear diff. is the 3.55, and adding larger tires would only make my acceleration suffer even further, not to mention a decrease in fuel economy due to the higher friction value of the larger tires. So, in my opinion, I can just live with the truck as it sits now and not have to drop the money on:
1) the lift kit itself
2) new wheels and tires
3) new differential rings and pinions (and the locker or limited-slip I would undoubtedly want to add).
4) and fender flares to cover the new bigger meats.
But that's just me, fellas.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:22 PM
MonkeyWrench4000
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tankmechus
OK, guys, here's my quandry with a lift for our trucks. I have an 05 DAK Quad Cab 4x4, and have been toying with the idea of lifting it for awhile. I love the idea of a suspension lift. I have already installed the Rancho shocks and struts, and the TM front leveling kit. I have been thinking about the Perfomance Suspensions 3" body lift, but then I think of all the other things I would want to change if I did install it. 1st- our trucks are underpowered (IMO). Adding a lift would make me want to install 285/75-16's on the truck to complete the look. My ST wheels are only 7" wide, and would require new wheels to fit the 285s. 2nd- my rear diff. is the 3.55, and adding larger tires would only make my acceleration suffer even further, not to mention a decrease in fuel economy due to the higher friction value of the larger tires. So, in my opinion, I can just live with the truck as it sits now and not have to drop the money on:
1) the lift kit itself
2) new wheels and tires
3) new differential rings and pinions (and the locker or limited-slip I would undoubtedly want to add).

Yeah, as long as you dont start screwing with your truck, they come right out of the factory with everything they need! lol.

Being content is a beautiful thing.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:58 PM
cramerica
Record Breaker

A 4x2 V6 ST Dakota is a wonderful thing

Old 06-04-2009, 07:05 PM
spshultz
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I emailed Doetsch because I'm diein' for a real suspension lift and this is what they responded with:

We are currently working on a kit, we just need a chassis to work on.
If you know anyone in San Diego that would like to help let us know.
Anyone in San Diego willing to give up their truck for a while? Please???

Old 06-29-2009, 07:17 PM
sullysdetailing
All Star

Any updates on this

Old 06-30-2009, 01:30 AM
sleds
Veteran

Originally Posted by tankmechus
1) the lift kit itself
2) new wheels and tires
Just do it. you won't be sorry!!

Quick Reply: Doetsch Suspension Lift Kit