3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Tried Superchip 3865 on my Raider

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 01:43 PM
rgraider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tried Superchip 3865 on my Raider

I finally got tired of the sluggish performance and ordered a Superchip Flashpaq tuner model 3865 for my 06 Raider V8 Durocross. Of course when ordering i had to specify that i had a Dodge Dakota. Which my thinking is that they are exactly the same minus exterior differences.

So i updated the tuner and and tried it out. Went to the tuning menu followed the directions and the tuner locks up. If you guys are familar with the tuner interface it prompts you to turn the ignition to the "On" position two clicks. The tuner beeps then prompts back that i need to turn the ignition to the "On" position again and then locks up.

So it doesn't work for some reason.

Now the other features of the tuner work. LIke i can do data logging and all the sensors show real time information while the truck is running. I can do the performance test like 0-60. I can read and clear DTCs.

I called superchips tech support and told em what it was doing. I said i had a Dakota of course and they said "i've never seen that problem before"...

Hmmm. So anyways my next step before i give up is to try a dakota pcm. I'm going to try a donor pcm from a equivalent dakota ... V8 AT 4x4 etc.

Note:
I checked to see if the tuner was bad by trying it out on another vehicle. Guy at work has a 06 300c. I hooked it up went to the tuning menu and it tunes just fine.

I'll keep u posted on the progress...

Old 06-23-2009, 02:07 PM
rgraider

Can anyone look to see what the part number is for their PCM. Mine has a Chysler sticker and is part number P56044743AC

Here's a pic http://docs.google.com/View?id=dgmtbdmk_0j4ptcwdc

Old 06-23-2009, 04:46 PM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tip of the day...

Don't lie.

Old 06-23-2009, 06:12 PM
rgraider

Well the PCM i'm trying is used. 135 bux plus the tuner SC tuner. So yeah prolly wasting money, but hey i like to tinker. I can always sell the SC tuner and the PCM and get most of money back.

Been messing around with the tuner i actually got it to progress past where the tuner was hanging. It still wont' program, but it did save the stock file. Basically i tried tuning it while the engine was running instead of just on the "on" position. It continues on then prompts that it cannot detect the transmission. hmmmm

Throws a few codes too. c2202 c2206 u0100 u0101

Old 06-23-2009, 09:56 PM
mprohr
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rgraider
but hey i like to tinker.
That's the spirit! Is that is the tuner for the HO? If so, I'll give you $100 for it, when you eventually figure out that it's not going to work. Have you called SC and come clean yet? Maybe they can help.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:28 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mprohr
That's the spirit! Is that is the tuner for the HO? If so, I'll give you $100 for it, when you eventually figure out that it's not going to work. Have you called SC and come clean yet? Maybe they can help.
I'll give you more

Seriously though I hope it works for you, keep us updated!

Old 06-23-2009, 11:56 PM
rgraider

Originally Posted by mprohr
Yeah i think so its the newest model. I've yet to see a SC go for less than 200 most go 250+ on the used market.

I should receive the new PCM this week well see if it'll work.

I do believe the raider has slighly different programming mainly to make the pcm compatible with mitsu's MUT-III diagnostic scanner. I've been reading through the service manual and there is specialized software for pcm programming.

Old 06-26-2009, 05:37 PM
rgraider
Default It Works!!!

Well tried another pcm from a dakota. PCM worked but threw a bunch of DTCs and the AC didnt work. The superchip tuner did the same thing still. Locked up after choosing the tuner menu.

Well this evening around 2hours ago i was about to give up. I reinstalled the original pcm and verified that the truck functioned properly. It did. I tried updating the superchips tuner one last time. Well guess what... there was a firmware update.

Now the tuner works!!! I loaded all the available programs. Trucks shifts better and has a bit more pep. I noticed the tires will light up if i take off too quickly from a start.

So if u have a 06 Raider the superchips tuner 3865 should work. It might work on new Raiders ymmv. Make sure the tuner has the latest firmware 1.17.01 i believe.

Quick Reply: Tried Superchip 3865 on my Raider