3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Stalling `05 Dakota - I Dont Know If I Should Be P`OFF At What The Dealership Said..

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 01:23 AM
4.7-X=2FlowMasters
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Stalling `05 Dakota - I Dont Know If I Should Be P`OFF At What The Dealership Said..

Well,... I have a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7L v8.
I've pretty much have had a stalling issue with my Truck ever since I've owned it back in 2005.

I have taken it in to the Dodge dealership many times for different reasons over the years and have always mentions that my truck has had a Stalling issue and back in 2005 the Dodge dealership told me that dodge was aware of this and that they were waiting for a software upgrade to come out and i would be notified when it came out. Well,... I was never notified and now the Dodge dealership is no longer there and we are required to take our trucks to the Chrystler dealership.

The Chrystler dealership does not have ANY of my Records from when i have taken my truck to the Dodge dealership back in 2005 thru the middle of like 2008. I am totally PI$$ED Off About that,

They told me that those Records Never Got Transfered to Them, I asked them Why, They said that they didnt know, All they knew was that they were now servicing all of the Dodge Vehicles Because the Dodge Dealership went Out Of Business and this was all of the information that they had on my vehicle service history.

So they didnt even have any of the Brake work history that the Dodge place did either...

Anyway,... Getting to the Point here.
I have a Shaker Hood, Air Aid Intake, F&B 70mm Throttlebody, True Dual Exhaust, JBA Headers all installed on my Truck and they told me that in order for them to Properly Diagnose the Problem that I have to Return the Truck Back to Factory and that everything i have installed has Voided the Warranty.

I told the service guy that there was nothing that i have installed that should have Voided the Warranty other than the Items I've installed themselves.

Example the Exhaust, By replacing the exhaust i can't expect Dodge to be responsible for the exhaust or the Cold Air Intake or my Headers. The Warranty on those items my be voided but i can't see it being voided on the whole thing.

Question 1: I asked this before but never really got an answer for it,... If i were to buy the Superchip Cortex Tuner What are the chances that it will solves this Stalling Issue?

Question 2: My Exhaust Tips are Really Really Black, I have less than 8000 Miles on my Truck are your Exhaust Tips Really Black. I've asked the dealership about this before and they said that it seemed normal to them but it just seemed like they were just Way to Black for having so few of miles on it.

Today while going to the store with my Wife, The Light for the Passenger Side Airbag Came On saying that the AirBag was Off. I Turned the Passenger Side Airbag On & Off Several Times, Restarted the Truck Several Times and it still showed it being Off and then while pulling in to the Store Parking lot the Light Turned Off. When we left the store and started the Truck the Light was Off. What The Hell Is Going On There??

So Anyway,.. What are your Thoughts Guys?
Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

TY in Advance.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:35 AM
Blown287
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 4.7-X=2FlowMasters
Question 1: I asked this before but never really got an answer for it,... If i were to buy the Superchip Cortex Tuner What are the chances that it will solves this Stalling Issue?
I remember a problem with 05 Rams with 4.7ls stalling. The problem was caused by a faulty ISC motor(idle speed control). I would ask the dealership to check for that as a possible gremlin.

For the seatbelt sensors, I've had to change mine on on the driver side in 06. It went out and was showing seat belt not engaged. The dealership replaced for free under warranty.

Last edited by Blown287; 07-10-2009 at 01:45 AM.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:46 AM
4.7-X=2FlowMasters
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Blown287
I remember a problem with 05 Rams with 4.7ls stalling. The problem was caused by a faulty ISC motor(idle speed control). I ask the dealership to check for that as a possible gremlin.

For the seatbelt sensors, I've had to change mine on on the driver side in 06. It went out and was showing seat belt not engaged. The dealership replaced for free under warranty.

Would they be able to check for that even though i still would have my AirAid Intake, F&B TB On and Header?

Thanks for the Great Info if it Works Man,... Thanks....

Old 07-10-2009, 01:52 AM
Blown287
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 07-10-2009, 02:15 PM
Blacksport
Captain

I had the same issue. Took it to the stealership and they replaced a faulty EGR valve. It hasn't stalled since. The only problem was that it didn't throw a code. It was basically known that the EGR valves were a problem, in Canada anyways. Maybe the cooler weather posed a problem. Luckily I had it replaced under warranty.

Good luck.

Old 07-10-2009, 11:30 PM
Jaded
Record Breaker
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Hmm, if the stalling is a known software issue... sounds like a good enough reason to buy a superchips to me

Old 07-11-2009, 11:00 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4.7-X=2FlowMasters

Question 2: My Exhaust Tips are Really Really Black, I have less than 8000 Miles on my Truck are your Exhaust Tips Really Black. I've asked the dealership about this before and they said that it seemed normal to them but it just seemed like they were just Way to Black for having so few of miles on it.
If they're very black and have a lot of build up that would typically indicate you're running rich. Of course the PCM should be running relatively close to stoich...

Quick Reply: Stalling `05 Dakota - I Dont Know If I Should Be P`OFF At What The Dealership Said..