3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

heres a funny question

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 12:29 AM
dakkedup
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heres a funny question

my truck came with a 276-watt amplifier, well where is it hiding because i don't see it lol its probably in some place i won't be able to see anyways but that'd be cool to know where it's located, if anyone knows lemme know, thx

Old 07-20-2009, 06:38 PM
biker_ahoy
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what model do you have?
my guess would be either behind or under the rear seats somewhere or
hidin behind the dash, which would make it really hard to get at I would think.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:49 PM
dakkedup
Rookie

Originally Posted by biker_ahoy
what model do you have?
my guess would be either behind or under the rear seats somewhere or
hidin behind the dash, which would make it really hard to get at I would think.
i have the 07 laramie

i was reading the window sticker the other day and was like hmmm i wonder where its at

i'm guessin behind the dash or something but i don't know

i love the system/stereo that came from the factory, but i want more bass and a stereo with a usb hookup so i can play music that way, and i was talkin to this stereo place over here that sells and hooks up systems and they said i should jus leave it as it is and not mess with it, idk how they'd even hook up something different up, that'd be tricky

but yea thanks!

Old 07-20-2009, 07:28 PM
dakkedup
Rookie

Originally Posted by ericemery
what stereo shop claimed to have a hard time hooking up to a premium sound system?

What cab is it? quad or no?

oh no, i apologize if i worded that the wrong way but they didn't say they'd have a hard time lol they said they could do it and that they have done it before but they just said that if it was up to them they would just leave it as it is because its a really good system since its already got an amp and because it's alpine, they said that's a really good company, i would just be curious to know how they'd hook it up like idk if the amp already being in my truck would affect it or how they'd find it, i should ask them if they know where it is next time i'm up there...

but i'm considering getting a better system cuz i want more bass and a different stereo anyways

and yes its a quad!

Old 07-20-2009, 07:51 PM
biker_ahoy
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe they would just bypass the stock amp and install one with a better output to get better bass,

would be easy enough to do

Old 07-21-2009, 01:53 PM
dakkedup
Rookie

Originally Posted by biker_ahoy
I believe they would just bypass the stock amp and install one with a better output to get better bass,

would be easy enough to do

ah yea, that is true I didn't think about that, plus I'm sure they'd know where the amp was

Old 07-21-2009, 02:15 PM
mprohr
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The amp is in the passenger side front kick panel down by your feet, in-front of the door. The amp is a big, silver aluminum box with two plugs of wires coming out of the bottom. Metra makes an amplifier by-pass harness that I would recommend getting if you are going to alter the system with a new amplifier. This allows you to easily use the factory speaker wires. The truck body has block connector fittings where the rubber "accordian loom" channels the wires to the door. It would be very difficult to by-pass these connections with new wire.....unless you want to drill some holes. Guess I'd better get off my butt and get the audio system write-up done.

Old 07-21-2009, 02:56 PM
dakkedup
Rookie

Originally Posted by mprohr
The amp is in the passenger side front kick panel down by your feet, in-front of the door. The amp is a big, silver aluminum box with two plugs of wires coming out of the bottom. Metra makes an amplifier by-pass harness that I would recommend getting if you are going to alter the system with a new amplifier. This allows you to easily use the factory speaker wires. The truck body has block connector fittings where the rubber "accordian loom" channels the wires to the door. It would be very difficult to by-pass these connections with new wire.....unless you want to drill some holes. Guess I'd better get off my butt and get the audio system write-up done.

Haha nice thanks! I always wondered where it was hiding. Would I be able to see it if I looked under there or is it actually covered up by a panel? Yea, I'd definitely wanna look into getting the by-pass harness that you suggested, I'm not sure what they would come with over there or what they would have and suggest, but I'd rather be safe than sorry and go with something that other Dak owners are familiar, which I'd be surprised if they didn't have some sort of knowledge of this.

Quick Reply: heres a funny question