3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

warranty on my truck

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 11:31 PM
dakkedup
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warranty on my truck

getting a body lift won't void my warranty will it?

all I've been told is that it can't void it, but if i get into an accident or something the dealer may not fix something if they can prove that the accident or whatever was caused by the body lift...

Old 07-24-2009, 09:46 AM
MonkeyWrench4000
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would expect them to void the entire front end, all brake connections that attach to the body, any hoses, etc that are displaced. It will most like void nearly everything IMO. Ask your dealership before you do the work if thats somthing that concerns you.

Some dealers overlook it, some are looking for any excuse to void it.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:08 AM
DakotaAgain?
Veteran

Inspection. One tire place refused to put larger tires on my truck because of this. Lift is whole different matter.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:59 AM
dakkedup
Rookie

I am definitely getting bigger tires with the body lift, btw haha. Idk why a shop would refuse that, every truck that gets a lift gets huge tires, there's only a very rare chance that they don't

yea, I really want a lift so the way I see it is, screw it. If the cheap dealer can't fix something bcause they're that cheap then I'll just take my business elsewhere all the money we pay for these trucks and they gotta cheat their way out of it. I'm sure my dealer would try to get out of it even tho my rotors rusted out and I did manage to get frees one out of them

but yea I've got full coverage insurance, what if I were to put the body lift and leveling kit on my insurance as aftermarket parts, then it would be replaced if anything happened to it, buttt I'm not sure if that would allow them to fix anything that got ruined due to it...? But I don't see why not, I mean I'm including it in the coverage....

Hm. well, hopefully nothing happens after I get the lift its definitely a risk worth taking!

Quick Reply: warranty on my truck