3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

squeaky brakes

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 11:27 PM
dakkedup
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default squeaky brakes

so for a few weeks or so my brakes were squeaking and I figured it'd go away but didn't so I pulled off a tire, checked it out, and the rotors were rusted out and pads were only 35% worn...so I take it to the dealer, they replace the rotors for free and they charge me for the pads and labor....so its been about 2 weeks and they're still squeaking...I'm hoping it'll stop after the pads are worn in but I don't get why they'd be squeaking still....any ideas? it's really annoying that they squeak like that...every time I stop all you hear is squeaking I don't like it, it shouldn't do that...so hopefully they're just being worn in and it will stop asap...any ideas?

Old 07-29-2009, 04:00 AM
iwa2002
Amateur

I had the same problem when they changed my front pads to ceramic. I went back to semi-metallic pads, its been six months no squeaking. Give it a try.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:08 PM
dakkedup
Rookie

Originally Posted by iwa2002
I had the same problem when they changed my front pads to ceramic. I went back to semi-metallic pads, its been six months no squeaking. Give it a try.

Thanks, I figured they were probably just cheap crap brakes, I mean they were put on at the dealer. I think I'll stop at the dealer and talk to them first though because they shouldn't be squeaking like that. Usually when you hear squeaky brakes you are looking over at a rustwagon lol not a nice Dodge Dakota! I want those EBC brake pads.

Quick Reply: squeaky brakes