3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Hypertech Does It Again With Their Mystery Software

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 07:52 PM
dakotaduke
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hypertech Does It Again With Their Mystery Software

As has been the continued affair with NO CUSTOMER NOTIFICATION on firmware upgrade, Hypertech has again released a firmware upgrade for the 2008, 4.7 and the only way to find out about it is through a forum like this. I was running the 70.24.08.06 and they have a new release 70.24.09.08. (I hope this one isn’t like the crappy 70.24.08.05 release – what junk that was – great job on thatHypertech Software Engineers & Test / Quality Assurance Departments.) It continues to amazes me how Hypertech thinks, I guess through osmosis, that we the owners of their product should: 1 - know when a product update is available, & 2 – what the update will do for us. Come on guys, a little customer service goes a long way. We provided our email addresses when we registered the product – least you could do is let us know when you have a new release and what’s in the release.

I've tried the 70.24.09.08 and I really can't tell any difference over the 70.24.08.06 release - so what's in it Hypertech?

I’m really jealous of the folks that have purchased the Superchips 3865 “with the ability to firm up the shifting”. It’s also amazing to me the Hypertech Does Not Firm Up Shifting – because they are afraid of hurting the transmission. I had the 3815 for my HEMI & ran that truck real hard and had no issues with the transmission – ever. Again, Hypertech is in la-la-land & not listening to customers. So, go figure, one vendor firms up the shifting and the other won't, can't, or doesn't understand the process enough to support the customers.

As soon as I can save my pennies I will purchase the Superchips and sell this Hypertech junk to the first taker. Very disappointed – BUY SUPERCHIPS & even though it’s not listed on their web site – call them they have a 3865 for our 08 – 4.7.

Now watch this answer boys & girls!

Hey Hypertech
What’s in the 70.24.09.08 release?
Why no email notification?
Will Hypertech EVER firm up the shifting?

Hypertech’s response will say everything that need to be said about their responsiveness to customers. Buy Superchips – you’ll be far happier.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:16 PM
Blown287
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks man. I don't use a hypertech but it certainly is good information to know.

Quick Reply: Hypertech Does It Again With Their Mystery Software