3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

brand new brake pads lasted less than a month on my Dak!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 05:26 PM
dakkedup
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brand new brake pads lasted less than a month on my Dak!

my brakes were squeaking at the beginning of July so I took off a tire and saw that my rotors were completely rusted out, i took my truck to the dealer and they said that my rotors were done and they'd replace them for free, then they said they were gonna charge me for new brake pads which were only 35% worn...so I have them put new ones on...then every single day I drove they would squeak...repeatedly...and that's pretty annoying hearing it squeak and ppl look at you and you're in a nice Dakota when they should be looking at a POS rust bucket lol but yea I took it into the dealer this morning and they said my brake pads were falling apart in the middle! so all the brake dust was getting trapped and causing them to squeak. good to know that these brand new pads were just falling apart on me! so they replaced those for free and now I got my truck back, squeak free! they also found a small tear in my c/v drivers side shaft so they ordered that and are gonna replace it for me when it comes in! what a day!

Old 08-20-2009, 05:39 PM
biker_ahoy
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sound Like fun,
Good to here it's all taken care of. and they cought another problem, before it became a bigger issue, (bonus) except for the replacement costs

Old 08-20-2009, 05:52 PM
dakkedup
Rookie

i won't be paying anything, its all under warranty...they replaced the brake pads for free because i have a lifetime warranty on them from the time I got them last July. they said if I bought them in July they'd put a lifetime warranty on them so if anything happens to them they'll replace them for free, so that's why i got them for free today, but with or without that warranty i wouldn't have been paying anything cuz its not my fault they were defective like that! and then the c/v shaft is free too, its under warranty i guess it just has a small tear in it, nothing big and i can still drive it but i jus gotta get it fixed obviously! haha

Old 08-26-2009, 09:40 PM
dakkedup
Rookie

welllllllllllllllllllll my truck is back in the shop! the next brakes they put on last week on thursday and they started squeaking a few days ago so now I took it back, plus they had to put the new boot on...then on top of that they never did a wheel alignment on my truck after my accident in April so if i let go of the wheel it drifts off to the right and it shouldn't so i asked them to do that too...hopefully they do it and get my brakes fixed...it's all such a pain! idk why my brakes are doing this...unless they're defective AGAIN!

Old 08-26-2009, 09:52 PM
baracis
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow....i'd punch someone in the throat. What a pain in the ***.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:03 PM
dakkedup
Rookie

Hahahaha. I agree! I definitely would love too! I don't know what there problem is. I love my truck and all these issues are just bothering me!!!!! It's a huge pain!

Old 08-27-2009, 06:26 AM
sdsdsd
Captain

I don't get it you're not the only one to have these issues with brakes. It's seems to me that the calipers must be pieces of junk. As soon as they push the pistons back in to replace the pads several people are strangly enough having premature pad failure. No wonder the American auto makers went down the tube!

Quick Reply: brand new brake pads lasted less than a month on my Dak!