3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Lifting a Dakota

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 04:54 PM
hwcurtice
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MonkeyWrench4000
Does your new Dakota have a limited slip rear or is it open? When it comes to snow, I would say thats probably the most important.
I know when I was stuck last year, all 4 tires spun together! Yeah, kinda had a little buildup under the frame...

Old 09-15-2009, 06:58 PM
Jadman
Rookie

I am from Colorado and Blizzak Snow tires are my faves. They are a Bridgestone tire. I would recommend them any time. Although I currently am running BFG Mud Terrains. I love them even more, maybe not on the ice.

Old 09-19-2009, 01:36 PM
wobly
Amateur

Jumping into the tire discussion, I went from the stock Wrangler SR/A's (horrible) to Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's and LOVED them. They rode well, did great in rain, stuck like glue on ice and I never got stuck in snow....and I TRIED to get stuck in the snow. (Long story) But, I wore them out after 30,000 miles of use. The Revo 2's that I wanted weren't available, so I recently put Bridgestone Dueler A/T 695's. They ride great and work well in the rain. Give me a couple of months and I can tell you how they work in snow and ice.

Quick Reply: Lifting a Dakota