3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

HID Lights Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 01:35 PM
Q-TIP
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not trying to convince you to pull them out. To each his own, just providing info.

If you are looking for good ballasts though find a wrecked BMW or other luxury car and rip the headlight system out of that. You will have truly high-quality parts for really cheap.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:39 PM
sullysdetailing
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ap0091
Im having a problem with my lights:
My HID Lights will come on Flicker and then go off. And after they do that, they wont even flicker anymore (turning the lights onn/off) until they want to.

A Fix that i have found is togo under the truck and unplug them and then plug them back in, ofcourse no-one wants to do this when they are dressed up, or in a public parking lot etc..

So What Can i do?
I called Tech Support and they first suggested removing the plug in for the highbeams, I did that and problem still exists.

I called again and he suggested 2 more things
Increase the fuse from 10A to 15A or check all the cables.
I checked the cables and they all seem to be fine, but when i looked for the fuse i couldnt find the right one. I found on that was Park Lamp or soemthing and that was a 30A fuse so i wasnt sure if that was right. If someone could please tell me the name of the Headlight Fuse i would appreciate that alot.

If the fuse could not be the problem am i gonna have to install a relay or something??

Thanks for all the help, i need to get this problem fixed ASAP as im in college and i kind of look stupid going under my truck everynight to mess with my lights. I even had to do it in the walmart parking lot today and that wasnt good.

Save yourself the hassle of checking fuses ect. You need a relay kit. they are $15 and will stop all your problems

Quick Reply: HID Lights Problem