3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Need help with tires

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 02:39 AM
Slick Dakota
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with tires

Hello all I have been banging my head trying to figure what kind of tires and wheels to go with on my new 07 Dakota.. I have been trying to keep in mind that the truck only has the 3.7 so I cant over do it because of only being a 6 cylinder and I do tow a 18' boat and jet ski's with this truck so here is my question..

I want this look with this kind of tire on my stock 18' wheels but every time I punch in my tire size on the bf goodrich site it keeps sending me a the long trail tire model and not these type of tires, here is my stock size tire P265/60/18 if you can help me figure what type of size tire to buy in this tire model I would appreciate it and as every one knows I still would like to keep them as wide as possible with out a rubbing issue.. I did contact the member that owned this truck and he said he thinks they where 265/70/16's? but then again I would have to get new wheels and I would like to stick with the 18's at least for now..Cya Slick

bfgoodrich_all_terrain_ta_ko.jpg

DSC01296.jpg

Old 09-20-2009, 09:09 AM
MonkeyWrench4000
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not sure if they make a lower profile all terrain. I think Ive seen them for 15" 16" maybe 17" wheels, but they most likely dont make them for 18" wheels. probablly because there isnt a huge market for a low profile sidewall all terrain, I could be wrong though.

Did you call any local tire shop and ask? They would probablly know. Just call for an estimate, tell them what tire you want, if it doesnt exist they will tell you.

Here is the equivlent sizes to a 265/60 R18-

on a 16" rim, you want 265/70 R16

on a 17" rim, you want 265/65 R17

15" is too small to run on our trucks.

Also, there could be a member or two on the site will to trade a 16" wheel package for your 18" wheel package if all else fails.

Did you look at other AT brands, like TOYO OPEN COUNTRYS? They make make a low profile version of there ATs, not sure though.

Myabe someone will know if BFG makes a Mud in 18's.

Old 09-20-2009, 01:16 PM
keachers
Professional

i was gonna get the km2s for my truck but i found something alot cheaper and just as good looking and they perform great offroad. they are called prime wells, lol, i got them at firestone. they are quite inexpensive but they do the job, havent got stuck in the mud with them yet

Old 09-20-2009, 01:27 PM
Slick Dakota
Captain

Thanks guys for the help I appreciate it, I really want to stick with my bfg, I am just going to have to down size in wheel size.. No Eric my 07 comes stock with 18" from the factory and I was just trying to stick with using them but I may not be able to because of the certain look I am after..

Then if thats the case I may go with some after market wheels to go along with the bfg's tires, I am going to wait till spring to mess with the wheels and tires, I am going to run with what came on the truck thru are old Michigan winter.. Eric where you at in Michigan? I see you guys with pictures down at the walter P museum, I work for Chrysler and I am up at 32 mile and 94..

First week of November I am dropping off the truck for $2500 worth of after market stuff for the truck like Bak bakflip tonnaue cover, window tint, remote start, wind deflectors, lamin-x protective film for for the headlights,bed matt, weather teck floor trays and a few other things.. What would you guys do, I want some bushwacker fender flares and my truck is red and the flares come black from the supplier would you paint them to match the truck or leave them black? I cant make up my mind for the life of me.. Cya Slick

PS..Buddy at work wanted to sell me his 20" wheels and tires off 08 ram but I think it's to much tire to be pushing with that old 3.7

Last edited by Slick Dakota; 09-20-2009 at 01:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Need help with tires