3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Why no suspension lifts?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 02:04 AM
canadian dakota
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

totaly feeling that solid axel for the 08 to

Old 09-24-2009, 05:35 AM
projektdirtfab
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lifting an IFS truck, with rack and pinion steering on top of it, is just tough. It involves alot, and its not like lifting a solid axle front end truck. It seems reliability suffers with IFS lifts.
tell this to Camburg..... please. i wanna hear what they tell you. it has NOTHING to do with ease of install or wear and tear on components. i promise you that.

it ONLY has to do with the demand and the number of dakotas sold compared to rangers and tacos.

our trucks are actually a better platform for prerunners or "lift kits" as you guys call them. with a v8 option. not many trucks our size with a lift could perform as good.

sure you can slap $10k in suspenion on a ranger and make it jump 20' and go 80 mph down a dirt road tapped out....put some coilovers and beefier arms and heims for the steering on our trucks...lol ranger soup anyone?

Old 09-24-2009, 09:42 AM
popsnbeer
Captain

I just keep my fingers crossed for the day someone makes a lift! I bought the Dak b/c of the v8 option...but was hoping for a little more aftermarket support!

Old 09-24-2009, 09:49 AM
Q-TIP
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It will come. I have a feeling it will be like the 2nd generation Explorer. There was absolutely 0 aftermarket for it while it was in production. But as soon as it is only available on the used market (next year perhaps for our trucks) there will be a larger demand from guys looking to modify it. Specifically when all the warranties start falling off.

The 2nd gen Explorer ended production in 2001 and it took until 2004ish for both Trailmaster and Ruff Country to put out a kit. The kits may not be high-volume, but if they even sell small quantities of them it is worthwhile in the long-run.

Old 09-24-2009, 02:31 PM
canadian dakota
Record Breaker

well till then im gonna be like a kid waiting for christmas to come HURRY UP!!!!!

Old 09-24-2009, 04:15 PM
projektdirtfab
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

if i sell my Z i can finish my long travel. got lower extended arms built already. but no more moneys

Quick Reply: Why no suspension lifts?