3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Brake Controller

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 03:25 PM
biker_ahoy
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My truck didn't come with the tow package, unless having the hitch hidden under the bumper counts. which I installed the bolt on 2" receiver piece to to make it below the bumper. which has the class 2 rating.

I did get the wiring harness for the brake controller and I have the plug under the dash.

On a side note, what class hitch do the dakota's come with stock. I can't find a rating on mine anywhere, and the dealer dosen't sell the class 1 for the truck which makes me think its a class 2,
I'm picking up my new 6.5'x12' trailer at the end of December and I want to be sure I have at least the class 2 hitch on the truck.

Old 11-17-2009, 09:24 AM
Dak_in_Black
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by biker_ahoy
My truck didn't come with the tow package, unless having the hitch hidden under the bumper counts. which I installed the bolt on 2" receiver piece to to make it below the bumper. which has the class 2 rating.

I did get the wiring harness for the brake controller and I have the plug under the dash.

On a side note, what class hitch do the dakota's come with stock. I can't find a rating on mine anywhere, and the dealer dosen't sell the class 1 for the truck which makes me think its a class 2,
I'm picking up my new 6.5'x12' trailer at the end of December and I want to be sure I have at least the class 2 hitch on the truck.

All I can tell ya is that my truck did not have the tow package and did not have the plug under the dash...

The OEM bolt on hitch is a Class 3

Quick Reply: Brake Controller