3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Brake Controller

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 11:38 AM
Dak_in_Black
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Controller

I will soon be purchasing a brake controller for the truck. I have previously bought and installed the OEM Hitch and wiring harness...

I've looked on several sites and all controllers seem to plug into a blue socket up by the emergency brake...I have no such creature.

Is there a seperate wiring harness I need to be able to plug in the brake controller, and if so, what is the p/n and where can I get it?

thanks!

Old 10-22-2009, 09:36 PM
pack154
Professional

My truck came with the wire to hook up a brake controller. I'll get the part # tomorrow for you.

Old 10-23-2009, 06:52 AM
Dak_in_Black
Veteran

Thanks pack154....

I sent an email to a local dealer, and of course they have yet to respond...I did spend some time searching the web and I found this p/n 56045795AB...but no telling if it is the right one or not....

Old 10-24-2009, 05:33 PM
pack154
Professional

Yep, that's the part # I have for what came with my truck. I found it under the rear seats when I first bought the truck. Its a blue wire harness and the instuctions say that there is a mating blue connector located under the instrument panel, left of the steering column, near the top of the large connector bracket. I apologize for the delay in getting the p/n for you, life got in the way.

Old 10-25-2009, 04:44 PM
Dak_in_Black
Veteran

No problem...I know how that goes!!

Thanks for the info, but that is not what I need...I don't have the blue mating plug under the instrument panel...

So....without the plug under the panel up by the emergency brake...how do you hook up the brake controller?

Anyone? thanks!

Old 10-26-2009, 01:01 AM
sleds
Veteran

Originally Posted by Dak_in_Black
No problem...I know how that goes!!

Thanks for the info, but that is not what I need...I don't have the blue mating plug under the instrument panel...

So....without the plug under the panel up by the emergency brake...how do you hook up the brake controller?

Anyone? thanks!
I, too, have that blue plug and no where to plug it into. I have looked a few times and haven't found it. I either have "man vision" or it's just not there. If anyone has a picture of where it would go, that would help me as well.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:03 AM
Dak_in_Black
Veteran

Originally Posted by sleds
I, too, have that blue plug and no where to plug it into. I have looked a few times and haven't found it. I either have "man vision" or it's just not there. If anyone has a picture of where it would go, that would help me as well.

http://www.etrailer.com/tv-brake-con...e-durango.aspx

The vid is for a Durango, but from what I understand they are in the same place...near the end of the video they show the plug...it is on a bracket up near behind the emergency brake...

Old 10-26-2009, 09:08 AM
05WhitePower

go to tsc and ask them they should have them.

Old 10-26-2009, 09:25 AM
sdsdsd
Captain

you will not have one most likely unless you have the factory tow package.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:18 AM
herkguy
Veteran

Here is a photo for you. I agree that it is part of the facotory tow pkg. You may be able to find a wiring diagram in the service manual

Last edited by herkguy; 10-27-2009 at 12:38 AM. Reason: sorry I cant addd the photo, I have three photos in another thread...lol

Quick Reply: Brake Controller